Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned item on a closed card

tag
shengnes
Valued Member

Returned item on a closed card

DH combined limits on his cap1 cards. Then he returned a starter vaping kit because he did not like it. The card that was used was the card that was closed during the combination. 

Does anyone one know what might happen when the return is processed for a closed card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Returned item on a closed card

Don't have a clue... but going to follow this thread to find out

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only speak from an Amex Perspective defenitivly:

Monies went to currently active card.

IIRC for others or if you do not have an active card the credit card company will send you a check after a period of time for the Credit.

Message 3 of 9
shengnes
Valued Member

That would be fine if that is what they do as long as it is not returned to the vendor. I don't want to have to fight with the company to get it back. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be a credit on the closed card. Usually sent to you in a check in 90 days (may be quicker that it is closed). Call them in a few days and ask for a refund check.

Message 5 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've had the very same thing happen...check was sent to me after the credit posted.  I believe I had the check in hand in about 2 weeks or so.  

Message 6 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Yep, the refund will go back to the card....it will generate a statement that shows a credit and you will get it within 90 days....actually if the account is closed, you will probably have it within 3 weeks.

Message 7 of 9
shengnes
Valued Member

Just to let anyone know who is looking into this in the future, We did get a letter from Cap1 stating that the credit is processed even though the account is closed and that he will receive the credit after 2 billing cycles. Works for us. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks OP for coming back and updating your thread with an outcome. Resolutions are always nice.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.