Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned merchandise and minimum payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Returned merchandise and minimum payments

The more I think about this, the more I think the best course of action is to just buy something else for $10 or $11, and PIF before the due date.

I agree with previous posters that the zero balance resulting from the return should eliminate the minimum payment due, but I just cannot bring myself to trust any CCC to get it right.

I can just see myself asking for a CLI at some point in the future and hearing, "We would love to grant that request, Mr. Cheddar, but I see here that you didn't make your minimum payment in February 2008."  Instead of setting myself up for a situation where I have to spend hours in CSR hell and write letter after letter to corporate offices, I'll just jump through a couple of hoops now to head that situation off at the pass.

Ridiculous that I have to think that way, but I've read too many horror stories to trust them to get it right on their own.

Message 11 of 13
orl2185
Established Contributor

cheddar wrote:
The more I think about this, the more I think the best course of action is to just buy something else for $10 or $11, and PIF before the due date.

I agree with previous posters that the zero balance resulting from the return should eliminate the minimum payment due, but I just cannot bring myself to trust any CCC to get it right.

I can just see myself asking for a CLI at some point in the future and hearing, "We would love to grant that request, Mr. Cheddar, but I see here that you didn't make your minimum payment in February 2008."  Instead of setting myself up for a situation where I have to spend hours in CSR hell and write letter after letter to corporate offices, I'll just jump through a couple of hoops now to head that situation off at the pass.

Ridiculous that I have to think that way, but I've read too many horror stories to trust them to get it right on their own.

LOL, I agree with you 1000% there MR. Cheddar
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called about a return not showing up on my BofA visa, and they stated that, legally, they have 30 days to credit it back. Go ahead and pay online---then you can spend the $10 later.

Amy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.