Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse Chase HP

tag
xp
Established Member

Reuse Chase HP

I was approved for Amazon Visa on 5/30 with 4K limit. I'm wondering if i can call backdoor to reuse the HP to increase my limit on Freedom? Would Chase entertain? My current limit on Chase Freedom is 500.

Also wondering if i can ask Chase to increase the limit of Amazon Visa to 5K. My goal is to get a CSP some time in future.

My scores: Discover FICO 664 (4/24)

Discover 4500, Barclays 2000, Amazon Visa 500, Capital One 1300, Chase Freedom 5000, Amex Delta Platinum 29000 CITI AA 8000 AU on Amex SPG 30,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Reuse Chase HP

@xp wrote:

I was approved for Amazon Visa on 5/30 with 4K limit. I'm wondering if i can call backdoor to reuse the HP to increase my limit on Freedom? Would Chase entertain? My current limit on Chase Freedom is 500.

Also wondering if i can ask Chase to increase the limit of Amazon Visa to 5K. My goal is to get a CSP some time in future.

My scores: Discover FICO 664 (4/24)

Sorry, Chase doesn't reuse HP's. Asking for a CLI will result in a hp 99.09%

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amazon Visa!
Message 3 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval.. from my Chase experience you are lucky if it is not a quad pull... for me they double pull  for anything on EQ and EX.

Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@xp wrote:

Also wondering if i can ask Chase to increase the limit of Amazon Visa to 5K.

One can always ask.  Getting approved is an entirely separate matter.  Call recon.

I'd suggest prioritizing your CLI's as there's no telling what your internal limit might be with Chase.

Message 5 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 6 of 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Congrats on your approval.. from my Chase experience you are lucky if it is not a quad pull... for me they double pull  for anything on EQ and EX.

Hmm, sounds rather painful. I guess i'd rather apply for another card and then transfer the limit.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

You can move some of your CL over from the Amazon VISA to Freedom or you can request a CLI on Freedom. Chase unfortunately does not reuse HPs for other applications. They need a new HP every time.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.