cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolution Credit Card.Any One Have It Report Yet.

tag
wfreeman3
New Contributor

Re: Revolution Credit Card.Any One Have It Report Yet.

I have had mine for a few weeks now.  It does not report to any CRA.  I got an instant 5k limit @ 14.99 with an EQ pull.  Got my card in 7 days.  I got 50$ off gasoline at Murphys (Walmart Gas).  I use it at Publix and BJ wholesale club for grocerys.

Starting Score: 766
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know it dosnt report on CRA reports. I was just approved and dont have my card yet. Question: Can you use the card online or just in person or both and have you had any problems with acceptance of the card yet?
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering what the point of having it is if it doesn't report to the bureaus and the interest rate is too high to keep any type of balance on it?

Message 33 of 37
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Which CR do they pull?  Can you pay the card off online...and online easily?  Smiley Happy
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 34 of 37
score_building
Senior Contributor

one fringe benefit, if handled responsibly can be that a hidden tl may sometimes diminish (somewhat) the backlash from lenders scrutinizing cbr esp. during dark times when they tend to move to act based on heightened (real or imagined) concerns about reporting util.  if pif then no matter.

the lowest tier if lessened further by rate fluctuations could almost tolerate small bal for short period, yeah- not paricularly attractive as anything but a pif and promo offers candidate.  i love whole foods so that really works for me to have a dedicated card on items i buy anyway, and to pif.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering what the point of having it is if it doesn't report to the bureaus and the interest rate is too high to keep any type of balance on it?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't have to worry about paying before the statement cuts (if you do that sort of thing to max out your fico).

I expect it will report eventually. By the time it does, it will be a well established line with some age.

It satisfies the urge for a new account with minimal damage (one EQ inquiry).

They have money saving promos.

It takes money away from the paypal monopoly.

More secure than a regular credit card (pin required)

Message 36 of 37
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

FWIW, here's what someone was told at another site:

posted Apr 2 2009, 03:16 PM

I just spoke to a rep at Revolution card.
They do NOT report to the CRAs
However, this is temporary
In the future they WILL report
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.