New Contributor
wfreeman3

Re: Revolution Credit Card.Any One Have It Report Yet.

I have had mine for a few weeks now.  It does not report to any CRA.  I got an instant 5k limit @ 14.99 with an EQ pull.  Got my card in 7 days.  I got 50$ off gasoline at Murphys (Walmart Gas).  I use it at Publix and BJ wholesale club for grocerys.

Starting Score: 766
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
JeremyATL

Thanks for letting me know it dosnt report on CRA reports. I was just approved and dont have my card yet. Question: Can you use the card online or just in person or both and have you had any problems with acceptance of the card yet?
As of : 5/17/2008 EFX- 695 EXP- 707 TUC- 727
Credit History : 3yrs 4mos
Current Accounts : USAA Amex =10K, USAA Platinum MC=10K,
Discover =2.5K, Amex Hilton =2K, Alliant Visa =5K, RBS Kroger
MC =6K, Chase Marriott Visa Signature Premier =5K, Chase Presidential Plus World MC =10K, AT&T MC =4K, NFCU Platinum
MC =20K, NFCU Platinum Visa =17.5K, Cabelas Visa =2K.
**Cards I Closed** : Walmart, AE Visa, & HSBC (all low CL's)
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Just wondering what the point of having it is if it doesn't report to the bureaus and the interest rate is too high to keep any type of balance on it?

Valued Contributor
clocktick

Which CR do they pull?  Can you pay the card off online...and online easily?  :smileyhappy:
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 JUNE 2014 TU 779 EX 764 EQ 721
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Barclays LLBean $15k/Sallie Mae $12.5 -Cap One QS $4 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Senior Contributor
score_building

one fringe benefit, if handled responsibly can be that a hidden tl may sometimes diminish (somewhat) the backlash from lenders scrutinizing cbr esp. during dark times when they tend to move to act based on heightened (real or imagined) concerns about reporting util.  if pif then no matter.

the lowest tier if lessened further by rate fluctuations could almost tolerate small bal for short period, yeah- not paricularly attractive as anything but a pif and promo offers candidate.  i love whole foods so that really works for me to have a dedicated card on items i buy anyway, and to pif.

UpUpUp wrote:

Just wondering what the point of having it is if it doesn't report to the bureaus and the interest rate is too high to keep any type of balance on it?

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor
hobojon

UpUpUp wrote:

You don't have to worry about paying before the statement cuts (if you do that sort of thing to max out your fico).

I expect it will report eventually. By the time it does, it will be a well established line with some age.

It satisfies the urge for a new account with minimal damage (one EQ inquiry).

They have money saving promos.

It takes money away from the paypal monopoly.

More secure than a regular credit card (pin required)

Established Contributor
MojaveMoon

FWIW, here's what someone was told at another site:

posted Apr 2 2009, 03:16 PM

I just spoke to a rep at Revolution card.
They do NOT report to the CRAs
However, this is temporary
In the future they WILL report

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+