Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolution card program closures

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Revolution card program closures

bummer, nice hidden TL bites the dust. 

since it doesn't report, i guess no lost CL impact or 'closed by grantor' notation:

P.O. Box 669

St. Petersburg, FL  33731

Dear SB,

As part of the process of adding an additional banking partner to our network, we will be discontinuing certain RevolutionCard credit card programs.  

Because of this, effective immediately, your RevolutionCard account has been closed to further use.  

We will be following up with a letter in the mail regarding this action but wanted to let you know immediately.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will reapply for a new RevolutionCard as we roll out exciting new promotions this fall. 

Sincerely,

The Revolution Money Team

This email was sent by RevolutionCard.com, P.O. Box 669, St. Petersburg, FL 33731

Account issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Revolution card program closures

Hi,Yea i got the notice today also.I don't think i will in the fall.
Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got the same email today,
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that this card ever caught on. I have (or had) one only because in early 2008, Buy.com offered a $50 credit on a purchase of $100 or more to qualified RevolutionCard applicants. So I used the card to buy a new printer then & haven't used it since.

I guess the RevolutionCard was the answer to a question that no one was asking. 

Message 4 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think that this card ever caught on. I have (or had) one only because in early 2008, Buy.com offered a $50 credit on a purchase of $100 or more to qualified RevolutionCard applicants. So I used the card to buy a new printer then & haven't used it since.

I guess the RevolutionCard was the answer to a question that no one was asking. 

ROTFL

it sure does seem so!  i think i must be with the v. small number that actually liked it...

kinda wonder if a new financing partner can breath some life into the programs. 

Message 5 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

From their website one would gather it's business as usual. Interesting.

Message 6 of 10
Allen123
Established Member

I also got the same email.  I don't really care though, as I hardly ever used the card and also got the $50 off offer from Buy.com.  Did anyone ever have this card show up on your credit report.  I've had mine since March of last year and haven't seen one thing about it except for the initial inquiry on any of my reports. 
Message 7 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Allen123 wrote:
I also got the same email.  I don't really care though, as I hardly ever used the card and also got the $50 off offer from Buy.com.  Did anyone ever have this card show up on your credit report.  I've had mine since March of last year and haven't seen one thing about it except for the initial inquiry on any of my reports. 

I don't think this account reports anywhere.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm..I havent received an email from them yet?  I actually use the card alot for the 3 cents off for gas at Murphy USA.  Oh well Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Duplex wrote:
Hmm..I havent received an email from them yet?  I actually use the card alot for the 3 cents off for gas at Murphy USA.  Oh well Smiley Sad

your card program may still be in tact, apparently not all cards will be closed as a result of the finance partner debacle.  continue to use the card and promo offers in good health Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.