Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving with Chase.

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Revolving with Chase.

I made some purchases from Best Buy on Chase freedom card for about $600 during this BF weekend. The card has 0% APR for 12 months..

I am capable of paying off that amount, but I want to put the 0% apr to good use. So I want to split the payment across 2 months. 

Is revolving with Chase ok? 

-void
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Revolving with Chase.

I've been revolving with Chase since August 2008, even though it was first on a Freedom card ($7K at 0%), then on a Toys R Us one (same $7K at 0% for a few months, now $11.5K at 3.99% until paid, to pay off my Chase auto loan at 9.24%, but it's only been revolved for 2 statements so far).  

I have 3 Chase CC accounts (2 Freedom cards and a Toys R Us), never had an account declined with them, and have gotten substantial CLIs from them, even recently (but they've also declined some CLI requests, usually stating that I already have the maximum credit I can get from them).

You'll probably be ok with revolving $600, but I can't know for certain.  I'd still try to pay it off as quickly as possible.

Message Edited by Mike14 on 11-29-2008 11:12 PM
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been revolving with Chase since August 2008, even though it was first on a Freedom card ($7K at 0%), then on a Toys R Us one (same $7K at 0% for a few months, now $11.5K at 3.99% until paid, to pay off my Chase auto loan at 9.24%, but it's only been revolved for 2 statements so far).  

I have 3 Chase CC accounts (2 Freedom cards and a Toys R Us), never had an account declined with them, and have gotten substantial CLIs from them, even recently (but they've also declined some CLI requests, usually stating that I already have the maximum credit I can get from them).

You'll probably be ok with revolving $600, but I can't know for certain.  I'd still try to pay it off as quickly as possible.

Message Edited by Mike14 on 11-29-2008 11:12 PM
Message 2 of 5
voidman
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info, I will not be revolving $600 as a whole, I will pay 300 this month and 300 next month.

-void
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this has already been solved and YMMV, but there have been some mentioning that their accounts with low APR for the life of BT has started getting charged $10 a month APR when they've had the Chase card for a long time and have been making low payments. 

I have a Chase Platinum Visa, 0% on purchases and BT's until Feb 09, started in Oct 07, and have not had a problem nor did a receive a notice with my statement this month.  But that could be because they think they're going to be able to start charging interest on my 4.3K BT starting in Feb.  It's true that they may be able to charge me a partial month's interest on it, but it will be paid off no later than 2/6/09, so even if they make a little money off of me, they won't be making a ton of money. 

Other than YMMV, I can't see you having any adverse reactions to carrying a balance with Chase for 2 months.  If I were in your place, I'd probably let it sit there for 6 months, unless I really had the money and had no other balances to pay on.   Which is the reason why Chase is my last CC to get PIF'd after paying off all my other CC debt.

Message 4 of 5
voidman
Established Contributor

Thanks woopah,

I will keep that in mind.

-void
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.