Reward Zone MC preapproval site

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reward Zone MC preapproval site

@Anonymous wrote:

@reereetx wrote:

I tried the link above...got the following message:

We are unable to complete your request with the information provided. Valid information is required for us to recommend the credit card that best fits your needs and/or credit profile.

It sounds like you may have entered something wrong. I would try it again and double check everything you enter. Since you already have a card with them it shouldnt be hard for them to find your info if it was all entered correctly and its only a soft pull until you choose an offer so trying again wont hurt anything. If you put it all in correct and get the same message you may be able to call and see if they can figure out whats going on.
Is your EX report frozen? you can't do HSBC or Bank of America Pre-Approval sites with frozen EX

Message 11 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Point CA I didnt even think to see if reports were frozen.
Message 12 of 75
reereetx
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@reereetx wrote:

I tried the link above...got the following message:

We are unable to complete your request with the information provided. Valid information is required for us to recommend the credit card that best fits your needs and/or credit profile.

It sounds like you may have entered something wrong. I would try it again and double check everything you enter. Since you already have a card with them it shouldnt be hard for them to find your info if it was all entered correctly and its only a soft pull until you choose an offer so trying again wont hurt anything. If you put it all in correct and get the same message you may be able to call and see if they can figure out whats going on.
Holy crap...don't know what I did the first time but got approved for the GOLD for $300!  Not much...but I'm excited.  My last app was with Cap One last week and was denied.  I haven't rec'd the letter of reason(s) yet.  Any idea how long it takes to get the card in the mail? 
Message 13 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not got mine yet but my other household card took close to ten days so I am still waiting to. Congrats on the approval and I like you also got the gold for $300 not much I agree but for my rebuilding journey I am more than glad to have it. Now I have secured three cards and we have our auto loan 2010 will be a year for gardening and continuing to try to clean house a little more while trying to get no inquiries to hopefully make for good healthy credit to start 2011 and beyond.
Message 14 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have credit scores in the mid to high 600 range (closer to 670 for all 3), and several recent inquiries but no lates in last 2 years and was approved for regular BB card with a CL of $800, which I was not happy with, at the beginning of November. I did not apply for the Mastercard. After reading this thread, I decided to see what would happen if I checked the preapproval link, which I was previously unaware of. To my surprise, it said I qualified for the Mastercard, and after applying, I was INSTANTLY APPROVED FOR $4000! Woo Hoo! Thank you for posting this thread.

I do need some advice though: Should I cancel the $800 regular BB card? I have (including the $800) $20,550 in total CLs on all my cards, and I only use a single card (I rotate monthly) to pay for work expenses, which I pay off after I receive reimbursement from my company each month. 

Message Edited by rbh on 12-14-2009 09:43 PM
Message 15 of 75
cdtotten
Established Contributor

rbh - if you have a best buy store card, I would not cancel it. The MC does not give you the financing perks that the store card gives you. Considering they have been throwing around 12-24 months without interest on the store card, I would not cancel it. Just use it every couple months for a small purchase and PIF. No reason to cancel if it doesn't have an annual fee.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdtotten wrote:
rbh - if you have a best buy store card, I would not cancel it. The MC does not give you the financing perks that the store card gives you. Considering they have been throwing around 12-24 months without interest on the store card, I would not cancel it. Just use it every couple months for a small purchase and PIF. No reason to cancel if it doesn't have an annual fee.

+1

I would rather have the store card but dont qualify yet.

Message 17 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdtotten wrote:

I didn't realize the special financing doesn't extend to the MC. That's a bummer...

Message 18 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, Im sorta chicken to apply for the store card after reading all the comments about it... Im not sure I'll qualify and don't want to blow an inquiry on a denial.  If you're denied a store card does it automatically consider you for a MC?  Ive read all the posts, but haven't really found any specific comments about whether or not it automatically considers you for a MC.
Message 19 of 75
mt2va
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly, Im sorta chicken to apply for the store card after reading all the comments about it... Im not sure I'll qualify and don't want to blow an inquiry on a denial.  If you're denied a store card does it automatically consider you for a MC?  Ive read all the posts, but haven't really found any specific comments about whether or not it automatically considers you for a MC.

IME the answer would be no.  I app for the regular store card in August & was denied.  I filled out a separate app for the RZ MC & was approved for $510 with $59 AF.  (which I now wish I hadn't taken as I have other CC w/no AF)  It was 2 different hard pulls on my EQ report & they will not take one of them off. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 20 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.