Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Zone MC preapproval site

tag
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reward Zone MC preapproval site

Just a quick question.  I got approved for the RewardsZone MC secured.  I was thinking about applying for the card because I don't currently have any open credit card and I need a secured card to start me off.   So my question is if I apply for this card can I apply for the Orchard or Household bank card at a later date or will I be denied because I have this card.
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 21 of 75
Woolfman
Established Contributor

i had an open orchard when i applied for the store card and they asked me if we wanted the RZMC and we got both the same day. So in my case the one didnt prevent me from the others .
Message 22 of 75
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Woolfman.  I guess I will give it a try.
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 23 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another household card that I had before the RZMC and got approved for it. Household does allow for multiple cards. You should be ok.
Message 24 of 75
laz98
Senior Contributor

@mt2va wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly, Im sorta chicken to apply for the store card after reading all the comments about it... Im not sure I'll qualify and don't want to blow an inquiry on a denial.  If you're denied a store card does it automatically consider you for a MC?  Ive read all the posts, but haven't really found any specific comments about whether or not it automatically considers you for a MC.

IME the answer would be no.  I app for the regular store card in August & was denied.  I filled out a separate app for the RZ MC & was approved for $510 with $59 AF.  (which I now wish I hadn't taken as I have other CC w/no AF)  It was 2 different hard pulls on my EQ report & they will not take one of them off. 

in my case yes, i was counter-offered the MC.

Message 25 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohkay, I applied and was approved for the secured Reward Zone MC. I called HSBC, and they told me I still get the rewards, and my card will graduate! I don't want to pay the AF though. I think I might just get the Orhcard Secured with the first year AF waived, and then apply for the Reward Zone card in December 2010. I'm not sure which card to get, and I never carry a balance.
Message 26 of 75
Ron1
Super Contributor

Last Saturday, I went to Reward Zone pre-appoval link to apply for the card and I got pre-approval for Reward Zone Platinum MCSmiley Surprised. I went ahead to apply for the card and I got instantly approved for $6000Smiley Very Happy. They pulled EQ. My EQ score was 745 as of Nov. Over a year ago, I applied for the card and I got approved for Gold MC with $59 AF.  They offered me $450CL with $29AF. I denied their offer and closed without activating the card.

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 12-26-2009 08:18 AM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 12-26-2009 08:20 AM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 12-26-2009 08:21 AM
Message 27 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@cdtotten wrote:
So using the link you provided, they will not perform a hard pull?

I tried it out just for fun and got this message:

Congratulations! The information you provided us
has pre-qualified you for the following credit card offer(s).

There was a button to "apply for this card" (which I didn't press) below it so I'm pretty sure it doesn't do a hard pull until you press that button.  Just like the Orchard Bank website does, I believe.  I was pre-qualified for a Platinum card, FWIW, in case anyone was wondering.  

have u applied for the platinum card?

Message 28 of 75
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

JokerG2 wrote:
Ohkay, I applied and was approved for the secured Reward Zone MC. I called HSBC, and they told me I still get the rewards, and my card will graduate! I don't want to pay the AF though. I think I might just get the Orhcard Secured with the first year AF waived, and then apply for the Reward Zone card in December 2010. I'm not sure which card to get, and I never carry a balance.

As a Moderator, it is my responsibility to make sure this board stays clean, to rid this place of spammers and trolls, but also to uphold the TOS of this site which includes ridding it of posters who are unethical or break the law. On aspect of that is reporting any crime to the appropriate officials. It is a crime for three reasons: 1) the signed app in your electronic sig starts, "under penalties of perjury..." in that you have to provide all truthful info, 2) ID theft or misrepresentation; you lied about your age, assuming you didn't steal anyone's ID, and 3) lying to obtain good or services (as evidenced with each CC purchase signature). A short-term ban has been entered until this gets sorted out. - llecs, myFICO moderator.
Message 29 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To those looking yes the first part is a soft pull. Then it will go to an offer screen. It may give you offers and it may give you something like no offers available as one poster above had. This is all soft. You then select the product you wish to apply for and hit submit and that generates the hard pull for final approval/decline mode and credit limit setting. My app showed the 10-14 day message for three days before my approval showed. So if you get that after apping keep checking.

For the poster that got the platinum no annual fee offer that is the best Reward Zone MC offer you can get. The only thing better is the store card.

THe 4 levels are :

Platinum No Annual Fee

Gold No Annual Fee

Gold w/ Annual Fee and higher interest

Secured Card

So the platinum is your best.

which one u got approved for?
Message 30 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.