Did you mean: 

Reward Zone MC preapproval site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reward Zone MC preapproval site

@wfreeman3 wrote:
Just approved for $5000.  Pulled EQ.  700 FICO
congrats as well, what am i doing wrong....Smiley Indifferent no extra 0's for me..lol
Message 61 of 75
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

@hawkeye33 wrote:
Interesting. I tried the pre-approval tool and got approval. I went ahead and applied and got the 'pending' status as they reviewed it. I called the same day, and the customer service rep ran something on her end and let me know I was approved with $1000 CL. I also already have an Orchard card, so I don't know that the 'not applicable to current HSBC cardholders' deal in the T&C is necessarily true.

After getting pre-approved I applied and got the pending status as well.  I spoke to them and was told I was approved.  Two weeks and still no card.  Called them again and there is no record of me applying for the card which means no approval.  Was told to re-apply.  Don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Did they pull your credit report? If so, then get a hold of a manager over at card services and fax them a copy of your credit report where it shows that they pulled your credit report. That should be enough proof that you applied for the card.

Message 62 of 75
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@hawkeye33 wrote:
Interesting. I tried the pre-approval tool and got approval. I went ahead and applied and got the 'pending' status as they reviewed it. I called the same day, and the customer service rep ran something on her end and let me know I was approved with $1000 CL. I also already have an Orchard card, so I don't know that the 'not applicable to current HSBC cardholders' deal in the T&C is necessarily true.

After getting pre-approved I applied and got the pending status as well.  I spoke to them and was told I was approved.  Two weeks and still no card.  Called them again and there is no record of me applying for the card which means no approval.  Was told to re-apply.  Don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Did they pull your credit report? If so, then get a hold of a manager over at card services and fax them a copy of your credit report where it shows that they pulled your credit report. That should be enough proof that you applied for the card.

No hard pull. That should have been my first sign that nothing went through even though they said I was approved.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aquatic1 wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@hawkeye33 wrote:

No hard pull. That should have been my first sign that nothing went through even though they said I was approved.

call them back to see when was ur card sent out and confirm the delivery address....Smiley Tongue

Message 64 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

aquatic1 wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@hawkeye33 wrote:

I think I'd tiptoe away in this case. HSBC can be a PITA to deal with! (you have to pay 3+ days ahead online if you want it credited by the due date, unless you want to pay a fee, blah blah blah)

You may well have dodged a bullet. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 65 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@hawkeye33 wrote:

have u tried on go best buy websit to check the status of ur app...just put ur ssn in and it will tell u something...
Message 66 of 75
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@hawkeye33 wrote:

I think I'd tiptoe away in this case. HSBC can be a PITA to deal with! (you have to pay 3+ days ahead online if you want it credited by the due date, unless you want to pay a fee, blah blah blah)

You may well have dodged a bullet. Smiley Wink

I am not a huge fan of HSBC.  It is serving its purpose but with such a small limit its not much to work with.  I have bill pay through my bank so I WILL NOT be using there website.  Been there done that.  The same thing goes for my Hooters card.  I will never use there sight again. 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 67 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again everyone,

I started this thread originally and decided to give everyone the final outcome of it....  Turns out I didn't use the preapproval link, but did get a BB store card after applying in the store over the weekend.  I wanted to take adavantage of a 36 months 0% interest offer and, thus, had to apply for the store card.  I learned something along the way....  

When you apply in store, they first send the application to HSBC for consideration and approval, then if denied, send it to Chase for the same.  It's an automatic process.  I was approved by HSBC for $3,000, so mine never went to Chase and cost me one inquiry on EQ.  Had it been sent to Chase, it would have cost me another one.  I already have a GM Flex card through HSBC, so I wasn't sure if HSBC could approve or not, but they did.

Thanks for all your help on this!

Message 68 of 75
Ron1
Super Contributor

Binks,

Thanks for your pre-approval link. I was able to get approved for Best Buy Reward Zone Platinum Mastercard.Smiley Very Happy

Ron. 

Message 69 of 75
criggs
Established Member

Oh my!!!! I followed the exact advice listed on this thread and I was granted a CLI of $150, and had the annual fee reduced in half at activation.  I called the 1800-419-4959, and as soon as the CSR answered I asked to speak with an account manager.  She asked me a couple of questions and I stressed the fact that I needed to speak with an account manager.  She asked If I wanted to cancel the card, I stated "no, but as a HSBC customer since 2007, I was unhappy with the terms for this new account".  She placed me on hold and I spoke to an account manager who assisted me instantly and offered me the CLI and cut the annual fee....

At that point I got cocky, and asked about my other account with Household Bank.  While he couldn't grant me a CLI, he cancelled the annual fee, and told me to expect a credit within the next 72 hours.

I must say, this simple phone call made my day a lot brighter.

Message 70 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.