Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Zone Mastercard got a little cut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reward Zone Mastercard got a little cut

cut up my crappy card

Prune baby prune  ... bye bye to the $59 dollar annual fee's !

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Reward Zone Mastercard got a little cut

@Anonymous wrote:

cut up my crappy card

Prune baby prune  ... bye bye to the $59 dollar annual fee's !

+1

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 32
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

LOL!

+1

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rep says wait until a month before the annual fee and we can review your account to waive the fee. I said is that your best way to keep a consumer before you sell your portfolio package?

I said if you don't raise the limit and remove the fee this $400 dollar limit card is getting cut up.

They didn't seem to try real hard to keep any consumers.

Message 4 of 32
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I did the same thing two months ago with my BBRZMC stuck at it's $500 limit (up from $300) when opened in 07.  No fee, but was I was tired of the no CLI when I saw all over the boards here about CLI's being given out.  CSR told me CLIs weren't being given (business decision speech blah blah).  I knew otherwise.  So I said cancel the card.  He reminded me about the rewards I'd be losing.  Had to explain to him that in order to rack up any real rewards I needed to spend more than $500 which I couldn't.  So I closed the stupid account.  Then two weeks laters I went and app'd for the regular Best Buy Store card, bought a TV that came to $501 (0% for 18 months) and a $1200 limit.  Both cards were issued by HSBC and I understand they have "tiers" for their cards and what not, but really?  I had to cancel their card to get another one of their cards with a better limit?  Ridiculous.  Now, let's see what happend when Cap1 takes it over next year. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a "preapproval" offer on this one, and since I'm trying to build my credit now (I'm young, only 21) I went ahead and bit. Suckers gave me a paltry $300 CL...probably going to cancel once I get the card in the mail...what do they expect me to do with only a $300 CL?

Message 6 of 32
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Mstew, where did you get a preapproval from? Mail? Online?
Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

got an e-mail, stating i was preapproved, and that there was a mail offer coming as well...

Message 8 of 32
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Recently started using RZ, maybe they'll send me one.
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've had rewardzone for close to 9 mos at this point, i think the card issuers are seeing less utilization on their current accounts and are going crazy trying to attract new creditworthy borrowers, so i'd bet if I got a prequal, then with your scores, you definitely will...beware though, $59 annual fee!

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.