Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards: Blue Cash Preferred, Quicksilver, Freedom, Discover It

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards: Blue Cash Preferred, Quicksilver, Freedom, Discover It

Wondering from the seasoned card holders on this site which cards are worth redeeming, if any are better to use as statement credit, and if some are best for transferable travel programs.

Blue Cash Preferred: Best way to take cash back? I don't fly a lot.

Quicksilver: Is the C1 redemption portal worth it, or is statement credit just the best bet?

Freedom: It's my understanding that the Chase ultimate points are much better redeeming.

Discover It: Unsure how to best utilize their points.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Rewards: Blue Cash Preferred, Quicksilver, Freedom, Discover It

@Anonymous wrote:
Wondering from the seasoned card holders on this site which cards are worth redeeming, if any are better to use as statement credit, and if some are best for transferable travel programs.

Blue Cash Preferred: Best way to take cash back? I don't fly a lot. BCP is not a travel card. 6% on groceries on $6k a year, 3% gas and retail, and 1% everything else. 

Quicksilver: Is the C1 redemption portal worth it, or is statement credit just the best bet? Statement credit or mailed check is best IMO.

Freedom: It's my understanding that the Chase ultimate points are much better redeeming. Paired with CSP and/or an Ink is best. You can transfer points to partners.

Discover It: Unsure how to best utilize their points. Cash, not points. Same as Cap One, statement credit or direct deposit.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Blue Cash Preferred: Best way to take cash back? I don't fly a lot. BCP is not a travel card. 6% on groceries on $6k a year, 3% gas and retail, and 1% everything else. 

Quicksilver: Is the C1 redemption portal worth it, or is statement credit just the best bet? Statement credit or mailed check is best IMO.

Freedom: It's my understanding that the Chase ultimate points are much better redeeming. Paired with CSP and/or an Ink is best. You can transfer points to partners.

Discover It: Unsure how to best utilize their points. Cash, not points. Same as Cap One, statement credit or direct deposit.

For Discover IT, you can also get better value sometimes redeeming for gift cards which they offer at a good discount.  One of the few pure cashback cards where it may make sense to let rewards build up rather than cashing out ASAP.      There was a time where Cap One also had a few cards on sale, but haven't seen that for a long time.

Message 3 of 4
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For Discover IT, you can also get better value sometimes redeeming for gift cards which they offer at a good discount.  One of the few pure cashback cards where it may make sense to let rewards build up rather than cashing out ASAP.      There was a time where Cap One also had a few cards on sale, but haven't seen that for a long time.

Yeah, with gift cards, especially the ones you're going to use, pretty easy to get 20% or better extra value on the Discover site. Even if you compare it to Giftcardgranny, you'll get a better value on Discover. 

I trade in $20 cashback for a $40 Enterprise certificate. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.