Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards CC for telephone?

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Rewards CC for telephone?

Chase Ink Classic/Cash gives 5% CB on phone/internet/cell. You can apply a business CC under sole proprietorship, and anyone can be a sole proprietor. AMEX SimplyCash also offers 5% CB but AMEX loves to do FR on its business card, so I'd avoid it.

If you have AT&T service you can get Citi/AT&T card and enjoy 5% discount (10% for the first year), but it needs matched spending. So I need to pair $100 phone bill with another $100 on non-AT&T purchase.

Zync connect pack limits $5K spending per year, and with $20 AF, your theoretical maximum return is less than 2%.

Message 11 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Maybe I'll get Chase Ink in the future. Right now, I don't want to sink my AAoA any more than I already have with the new cards from the 1.5 yrs of rebuilding. Also, I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed juggling the cards I have and totally paranoid that I'm going to forget a due date! I am also trying to maximize my % rewards, though, as well. Maybe Chase Ink would be a good card to add next year. I'm also liking Priceline Visa with 2x points on everything. I think I'm starting a list of CCs to app for in the future. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 15
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Not bonus categories, but any card that has a standard rate above 1%.

• 2% - Priceline Visa, Fidelity Amex
  • 1.5%-2% - Various Capitol One cards
  • 1.25%-1.75% - Various PNC cards

It's not cashback, but the Amex Hilton card has home and wireless phone as a bonus category (6 points/$). Plastic IQ values each Hilton point at $0.0043, making the card an effective 2.58% cashback (FYI -- This card has no annual fee).

Message 13 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

Not bonus categories, but any card that has a standard rate above 1%.

• 2% - Priceline Visa, Fidelity Amex
  • 1.5%-2% - Various Capitol One cards
  • 1.25%-1.75% - Various PNC cards

It's not cashback, but the Amex Hilton card has home and wireless phone as a bonus category (6 points/$). Plastic IQ values each Hilton point at $0.0043, making the card an effective 2.58% cashback (FYI -- This card has no annual fee).

If you use your HIlton points well (AXON, GLON at Cat6/7s) you can get 0.6-0.8 cents out of each.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Darn! I wish I had known about the Fidelity Amex before I apped for Citibank's Dividend card last week. It would have been a great card for my BT and also for future rewards. I'm afraid if I app now my FICO will drop a lot and my other CCs may get nervous.

Does anyone know how hard/easy it is to qualify for Fidelity Amex if you don't have an acct w/them?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.