Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Rewards CC for telephone?

I'm wondering if there are any CCs that give more than 1% for phone (regular, not cell).

I have Zync's Connect pack, but I believe that is only 2x for cell, not regular, land lines.

Barclay's MC gives 2% for utilities, but not sure that incl phone.

Does anyone use their CC for phone bill and if so, which ones give highest %?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Contributor
firesoul453

Re: Rewards CC for telephone?

I've never seen one better than %2. I use my discover card to auto pay bills for their %2 cash back.

You could ask Barclays if they include phone. Or just try and see.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Valued Contributor
RyVision

bichonmom wrote:

I'm wondering if there are any CCs that give more than 1% for phone (regular, not cell).

I have Zync's Connect pack, but I believe that is only 2x for cell, not regular, land lines.

Barclay's MC gives 2% for utilities, but not sure that incl phone.

Does anyone use their CC for phone bill and if so, which ones give highest %?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Discover gives 2% if you put the account on auto pay with them.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Hmm. Well, I don't have Discover and don't think it's in my future from the blacklisting I've read about with them.

2% on phone would be great, if I could figure out which CC gives that.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

The Barlcay Rewards Mastercard does include landline and cellular telephones. The US Bank Cash+ is 5% for bill pay but I do not have it, so do not know how you have to do it to qualify.

If you do not mind having a business credit card, the Chase Ink series and American Express Simply Cash give 5% back on telephone payments.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Thanks! From now on, I'm using Barclay's for my phone bills. I can't believe I didn't realize that was available when I got the card earlier this year! I'm really trying to maximize rewards now. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
Jlu

Amex Zync with the connect pack awards 2x MR points on all mobile/TV/internet/cable bills.
JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $10k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

I'd suggest the Chase Ink bold, plus or classic if you can get one. They offer 5 UR points per dollar spent. If not my only other suggestion would be the Amex Hilton HHonors card. It offers 6 points per dollar, but it's only good if you plan to stay in Hiltons from time to time. Others have mentioned the zync connect pack already.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
New Contributor
CreviceTool

Home phone service does qualify for the US Bank Cash+ utility category, which pays 5%.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

According to the terms of the Connect Pack, it does not include regular, home phones -- only cell phones. My cell is automatically billed to my Zync every month. I was looking for a CC to get higher % on my regular, home phone. It looks like the best bet is Barclay's MC unless I get a Chase Ink.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}