Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards Card Recommendations

tag
alexvale
Contributor

Re: Rewards Card Recommendations

Gotta be strong lol

I'll still give them a call just to make sure they use the CP on file... Oddly they pulled EX and TU for my AP to BankAmericard 21mo BT.

thanks for the help!

@Gmood1 wrote:

@alexvale wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Lol..I gotcha. From a recent app with BofA, they used the same pull for several requests. You can call to make sure though. I received only one pull on the credit requests.
The Marvel card offers 3% statement credit on restaurants and they pull TU.
The Chase AARP is another option. http://www.aarpcreditcard.com
If apping Chase, I'd use the pull and grab two cards if another one suits your needs.

That way you have the option down the road to move limits where you use them most without burning HPs on CLI request.

You did those BoA apps online? might be easier and quicker...  I'd have to check the Marvel card, but I shouldn't... huge nerd hahaha

Chase AARP looks good with the 3% on gas and restaurants.  Could compliment with BoA if they approve them. Already have Freedom, like I mention in my inital post, would have to see what other cards would be worth it.

Yes, I did all of them online. I requested two CLI's and apped for a card on one EX pull.  I know what you mean on the Marvel. I resisted for months and finally caved in last week. Lol

EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 11 of 13
alexvale
Contributor

This is the other card I had in consideration and it's with a credit union... I'm already a client with Plat MC and auto loand. They periodically review the APR as the market and your credit profile changes... I have the intro card, Platinum MC, with 13.24% right now.  They don't do auto CLIs though...its through a HP only.

Still undecided -___-

This card has a broader range for the 2% - groceries, gas, electronics, and household goods, as well as medical and telecommunication products and services

https://www2.firsttechfed.com/choiceoct2016?utm_source=banner&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=choice...

Could get both.... haha

EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 12 of 13
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@alexvale wrote:

This is the other card I had in consideration and it's with a credit union... I'm already a client with Plat MC and auto loand. They periodically review the APR as the market and your credit profile changes... I have the intro card, Platinum MC, with 13.24% right now.  They don't do auto CLIs though...its through a HP only.

Still undecided -___-

This card has a broader range for the 2% - groceries, gas, electronics, and household goods, as well as medical and telecommunication products and services

https://www2.firsttechfed.com/choiceoct2016?utm_source=banner&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=choice...

Could get both.... haha

Personally, 2% category cards don't entice me. I've already got the Citi Double Cash which earns 2% for every transaction, and I've had Capital One's Quicksilver for over two years, which is 1.5% everywhere. Based on your interest in the 2% categories, I think you'd benefit from one of these, particularly the Double Cash. Citi tends to want you in the mid 700s at least for that card though. I noticed earlier in the thread you mentioned receiving offers and intending to look into it. If you got it instead you wouldn't be shooting for scattered 2% categories by getting a minimum 2% everywhere. Seems like a good fit to me but weigh your options.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.