Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards Program

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Rewards Program

One of those things that depends on your spending and what type of rewards you are after.

If cash back is the goal, then go the "maximize each transaction" route, using whatever card gives you the biggest cash-back (or equivalent) on that type of purchase.

If you want travel rewards, and don't spend huge amounts, you probably want to focus (nearly) all spending onto one program, if there are multiple cards in the program, again choosing the one that gives the most points on that purchase.

(If you spend huge amounts, it matters less, as your random spending gives you both the  travel rewards and the cash back.  "Huge" depends on the individual....)

Message 11 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

@Laugh wrote:

Or do you guys like to scatter the spending among different rewards programs?

I use 3--SPG, UR, and MR.

All non-bonus spending on SPG.  All dining, office/telecom and/or travel related on UR cards.  All non-bonus business spending on the MR program.

For some smaller "hobby" spending, I'll use Discover, Freedom or Flexperks.

Message 12 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

For me pretty much everything goes into my CSP (dining, travel, UR mall purchases) or United Club card (everything else). Only the first 10k of general spend goes on the Ritz.

I typically end up transferring my UR points to United 90% of the time anyways, so it works out just fine.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.