Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards credit card with Experian 673??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards credit card with Experian 673??

With an Experian score of 673 (recently raised from 630), is there a CC company that would issue a rewards card to me. I would like one that gives 2 miles for every dollar spent.

I currently have a Cap One card with a $600 limit and a Chase card with a $2,000 limit. Both are used to the limit and paid in full each month. Occasionally, I have to pay these cards two or three times a month because I hit the limit and need to pay it to zero so I have credit available. Neither of my existing cards give any type of rewards.

I see on the boards that Cap One offers a 2 miles/$ "Venture" card. Would they likely approve me with my score and existing cards?

Thanks for any advice/insight.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Rewards credit card with Experian 673??

I am assuming what you have is a plus score. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think you will get the cap one venture card (there website says that you must have a card with 5k CL).

I am curious about what keeps your scores low before I get into any advice?

Please tell us more about your credit. AAoA, baddies (if any) and balances on your cards from the last credit report.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 18
daytrade5
Contributor

In a nutshell, you'll just have to apply & see. But do keep in mind that Capital One may pull all 3 of your credit reports. Do you have any baddies that may keep you from being approved? I would say a safer bet would probably be the Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards card.  

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, thanks for responding & helping.

My credit score is low because of State and Federal Tax liens remaining from 2002-2006. They were caused by the IRS finding me personally responsible for company owed taxes. I am working to settle them & get them removed, but that is probably 6 months away.

There are no late payments, charge offs, etc on my report, but the tax liens are enough to kill my score.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm note sure what a "plus score" is. Can you clarify?

Message 5 of 18
vish1
Valued Contributor

well, I was trying to mention FAKO scores. How did you get your experian score? If you got it through experian or any other credit monitoring service, then what you have is not your true FICO score.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my "Experian FICO" score from Free Credit Report . com. Dose that mean, if Cap One pulled my Experian report, they would get a different score?

Message 7 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm note sure what a "plus score" is. Can you clarify?

The Plus score is sold by Experian at their website and through other EX associated sites like freecreditreport.com. It is not based on FICO scoring formulas and cannot be compared to an EX FICO score in any way. It is a non-FICO score that we call a "FAKO" score. Your true FICO score might be higher or lower than a FAKO score.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 18
daytrade5
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First, thanks for responding & helping.

My credit score is low because of State and Federal Tax liens remaining from 2002-2006. They were caused by the IRS finding me personally responsible for company owed taxes. I am working to settle them & get them removed, but that is probably 6 months away.

There are no late payments, charge offs, etc on my report, but the tax liens are enough to kill my score.

Hope that helps.

Yes, i'm afraid being approved for the Venture card would be a long shot. I would say hold off until you can get your current situation cleared up. If then your scores bounce back like a flap jack then fire away! Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my "Experian FICO" score from Free Credit Report . com. Dose that mean, if Cap One pulled my Experian report, they would get a different score?

Yes. All lenders have access to the real scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.