cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards credit card with Experian 673??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rewards credit card with Experian 673??

Thanks for the insight.

It is easy to hate this entire credit reporting/scoring industry. Seems more complicated than trying to teach a dog Chinese arithmetic!

Are FAKO score generally higher or lower than "real" scores? How far apart are they typically?

Message 11 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the insight.

It is easy to hate this entire credit reporting/scoring industry. Seems more complicated than trying to teach a dog Chinese arithmetic!

Are FAKO score generally higher or lower than "real" scores? How far apart are they typically?

As I said in my first post: Your true FICO score might be higher or lower than a FAKO score.

There is no way to tell which one will be higher or lower and the differences in the numbers always vary. There is no typical or average amount.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@Marinevietvet

According to your experience, at what score can someone start applying for a prime card and which one? OF course it depends which bureau is pulled but from your experience, what did you do and when?

Message 13 of 18
lenz99
New Contributor

Since OP has a Chase CC already, why not call and ask for a product change to Freedom?

Message 14 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

@MarineVietVet

According to your experience, at what score can someone start applying for a prime card and which one? OF course it depends which bureau is pulled but from your experience, what did you do and when?

I'm not a good person to ask about recommendations. I tread very lightly in here because my youngest card is almost 7 years old and I don't intend on ever getting another one so I don't keep up with the latest news about CC's as much as I know I should.

I mostly bumbled and stumbled my way into higher scores I'm afraid.  All my negatives were gone from old age by the time I found myFICO. I've learned more here since I joined in 7/2009 than I knew in all the years before. I would have recovered much faster if I'd had access to the knowledge here. But that's water under the bridge.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 18
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With an Experian score of 673 (recently raised from 630), is there a CC company that would issue a rewards card to me. I would like one that gives 2 miles for every dollar spent.

I currently have a Cap One card with a $600 limit and a Chase card with a $2,000 limit. Both are used to the limit and paid in full each month. Occasionally, I have to pay these cards two or three times a month because I hit the limit and need to pay it to zero so I have credit available. Neither of my existing cards give any type of rewards.

I see on the boards that Cap One offers a 2 miles/$ "Venture" card. Would they likely approve me with my score and existing cards?

Thanks for any advice/insight.

How is your TU report?

Any hard inquiries lately?

Generally TU Fico is higher than EQ for whatever reason.....

But if your TU report is clean, try to get your score above 680 and app for the Priceline Visa Rewards from Barclays.

If it's not 680 above, than I would wait.

They will more than likely approved and will give you a nice CL.

My score with TU is 706 when I paid down my UTIL and I apped.

They gave me $4500 with a 0% for 9 months balanced transfer.

I did transfer $1000 from my Chase card during the app process.

Just answer No to all cash advance ??? etc.....

I also read on this site that Priceline signture card will grow with you as OP have $10K plus in CL from Barclays.

Good luck on which ever card you decide to app.

My .02.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to each of you who responded and helped. I really appreciate the insight from your experience.

Be Well

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a letter from Capital One, indicating that they approved me for a Venture Card. The letter does not indicate a credit limit - I assume it will be disclosed when the card arrives.

With my low credit score, I am a bit surprised, but happy because this is one more step closer to a solid credit score.

Thanks again to those of you who wrote back with advice.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.