Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards dining question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards dining question...

I have been collecting both Rapid Rewards and American Advantage points and just started the rewards dining for both.  It looks like both AA and SW are using the same platform because the exact same local restaurants offer bonuses.  I tethered my Freedom card to both programs and went to a restaurant last night.  My understanding is that I will receive 5% for Freedom, 3 miles per dollar with both AA and SW.  Is that off?  Is it one or the other, or can I get miles with both on the same transaction? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rewards dining question...

You can double dip which makes the program pretty nice if you frequent those restaurants.  All of the dining programs have the same restaurants as they are run by one company.  TPG has a nice article about dining programs:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/03/tip-earn-more-with-dining-programs/

Message 2 of 5
yfan
Valued Contributor

Check your email carefully. I have used multiple Dining Rewards programs and every time an already registered card is registered with another program, it is automatic removed from the original program. That is, you cannot register the same card for two different dining rewards programs.

Message 3 of 5
digitek
Established Contributor

This was great to know, thanks for sharing, I had no idea this existed.

I just signed myself up for the Delta Program on my CSR, couldn't think of a single reason not to....

Thanks again guys/gals!

Message 4 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Check your email carefully. I have used multiple Dining Rewards programs and every time an already registered card is registered with another program, it is automatic removed from the original program. That is, you cannot register the same card for two different dining rewards programs.

+1

Double Dipping refers to using a dining rewards card and having that card in one of the Mileage Dining programs. The same card is only allowed at one program at a time, the last one you assigned it to. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.