Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards programs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards programs

I have never paid much attention to the rewards programs before but decided to check out what was available on my cards.  I have the Discover More card and I signed up for the July through September 5% bonus cash back on Gas and Hotels.  I then looked at Citi's web site and the Dividend Rewards.  I didn't want to apply for another card, I already have 6, and have the dings on my credit so I called them and asked about converting my current Platinum Select card.

Yes... I can convert it.  I told the man that I don't use the card because the interest rate is 16.99% and he said the new card would be at 12%, the same as my Citi Diamond Preferred card.  This is still the highest interest rate of all my cards.

I asked specifically if there would be an inquiry on my credit and he said there wouldn't be.  I sincerely hope not since it was just a few minute phone call and he immediatley answered yes, I can get the Dividend card. The card will replace my current card with the same account number so I won't lose the history either.

I then went to Chase online for my Disney Rewards card and ordered the card to redeem my rewards... will let my granddaughter pick something out.

I could get used to this. Smiley Happy Like I've seen people post before, pay my monthly bills with a credit card to get the rewards and then PIF each month.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rewards programs

Good job-

Rewards programs just don't work for non-PIF's

Congrats-
Message 2 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the successful PC.

Free money is sweet!

Killer FICOs by the way!
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have so many cards with rewards now that I can't decide which one to use when I pay for something....hmmm...do I want miles on this airline, that airline.....god help me if I get that Starbucks cardSmiley Happy

I will say that the 2 cards that have no rewards programs, I barely use at all.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.