Regular Contributor

Rewards programs

I have never paid much attention to the rewards programs before but decided to check out what was available on my cards.  I have the Discover More card and I signed up for the July through September 5% bonus cash back on Gas and Hotels.  I then looked at Citi's web site and the Dividend Rewards.  I didn't want to apply for another card, I already have 6, and have the dings on my credit so I called them and asked about converting my current Platinum Select card.

Yes... I can convert it.  I told the man that I don't use the card because the interest rate is 16.99% and he said the new card would be at 12%, the same as my Citi Diamond Preferred card.  This is still the highest interest rate of all my cards.

I asked specifically if there would be an inquiry on my credit and he said there wouldn't be.  I sincerely hope not since it was just a few minute phone call and he immediatley answered yes, I can get the Dividend card. The card will replace my current card with the same account number so I won't lose the history either.

I then went to Chase online for my Disney Rewards card and ordered the card to redeem my rewards... will let my granddaughter pick something out.

I could get used to this. :smileyhappy: Like I've seen people post before, pay my monthly bills with a credit card to get the rewards and then PIF each month.

1/10/09 EQ=806, TU=772, EX=788
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rewards programs

Good job-

Rewards programs just don't work for non-PIF's

Congrats-
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the successful PC.

Free money is sweet!

Killer FICOs by the way!
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor

I have so many cards with rewards now that I can't decide which one to use when I pay for something....hmmm...do I want miles on this airline, that airline.....god help me if I get that Starbucks card:smileyhappy:

I will say that the 2 cards that have no rewards programs, I barely use at all.
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.