Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards question

I have a question that I can't really seem to nail down. I got the blue cash card back in Feb. of this year, so far I  have put $48k through the card.Just wondering if Amex has another card that I could benefit more from, as far as rewards. I enjoy the 5% at gas stations and grocery stores, but honestly don't spend enough in those categories to really reep the full potential of those benefits.I was thinking of going for the Gold PR card, but the whole point thing confuses me.I also thought of the platinum, but can no way justify the annual fee.If any of you more experienced members can give me some thoughts I'd really appreciate it.I'm looking for a card that gives cash back or can redeem points for cash back.Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rewards question

What do you spend the most money on?  I think the Blue Cash cards are the best everyday cards for cash back, but if you spend a lot of money on a certain category you can certainly find something with a higher cash back rate for it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spend the most at work,I pay a lot of the bills there.

Message 3 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

So are they utility bills, office supplies, travel? When you say work its hard for us to know the category

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for being so vague. I manage a franchise auto parts store and mainly pay all of our vendors. No utilities, mainly just the vendors. Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

You could get a straight 2% cashback using this debit card if you funded the checking account appropriately.

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/up-to-2-cash-back-with-perkstreet-financial-debit-mastercard/

Do any of your purchases fall within Amex's OPEN savings categories for business cards?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.