Established Member
chustle925

Rewards question

I have a question that I can't really seem to nail down. I got the blue cash card back in Feb. of this year, so far I  have put $48k through the card.Just wondering if Amex has another card that I could benefit more from, as far as rewards. I enjoy the 5% at gas stations and grocery stores, but honestly don't spend enough in those categories to really reep the full potential of those benefits.I was thinking of going for the Gold PR card, but the whole point thing confuses me.I also thought of the platinum, but can no way justify the annual fee.If any of you more experienced members can give me some thoughts I'd really appreciate it.I'm looking for a card that gives cash back or can redeem points for cash back.Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

Re: Rewards question

What do you spend the most money on?  I think the Blue Cash cards are the best everyday cards for cash back, but if you spend a lot of money on a certain category you can certainly find something with a higher cash back rate for it.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Established Member
chustle925

I spend the most at work,I pay a lot of the bills there.

Senior Contributor
john398

So are they utility bills, office supplies, travel? When you say work its hard for us to know the category

Established Member
chustle925

Sorry for being so vague. I manage a franchise auto parts store and mainly pay all of our vendors. No utilities, mainly just the vendors. Thanks

Senior Contributor
Walt_K

You could get a straight 2% cashback using this debit card if you funded the checking account appropriately.

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/up-to-2-cash-back-with-perkstreet-financial-debit-mastercard/

Do any of your purchases fall within Amex's OPEN savings categories for business cards?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+