Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Rewards?

HELLO ALLS

I am looking for a card to be my new monthly bill card, i have a couple questions though..... can i even pay some of my bills with my card? My Mortgage i believe i can (7$ fee which i pay righ tnow anyways) 

anyways, what would be my best bet as far as getting rewards back that wouldnt beat me up for Annual Fee or APR....

Thanks all! 

PS: I love travel most! Smiley Happy

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
39Xelor
Established Member

Re: Hurm

I like the Merrill + card.. prety straight forward.. 1 dollar = 1 point.. But im sure you can get even better elsewhere.. I don't have it, but it appears a lot of individuals like the Fidelity Amex card.. i looked it up and it does seem to be a great cash back card! maybe look into that?

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 2 of 15
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Rewards?

A cash back card.  You won't find a good travel rewards card that has no annual fee.

Not knowing your spending habits I would recommend the Fidelity Amex.  2% back on every thing and no annual fee.  And I pay all my bills on my credit cards, except for natural gas and rent, because they would charge additional fees to pay via credit card.

Message 3 of 15
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Well, i would put through about 3k/mo on the card, and i dont mind the AF, i just dont want one that is like 450$ or some crazy stuff

Also, are my scores even in the right spot to get an amex like that? lol

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 15
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

SOOOOOOOOOO

Nevermind....

After looking, my three largest bills (Mortgage, 2x car loans - cant even be paid with anything other then a bank acct/ATM card.....

What the heck is an ATM card? lol i know what a debit card is! 

Message 5 of 15
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

Well, i would put through about 3k/mo on the card, and i dont mind the AF, i just dont want one that is like 450$ or some crazy stuff

Also, are my scores even in the right spot to get an amex like that? lol

With that amount it would seem that the Fidelity Amex would still be your best best.  With 2% back you get $720 in cash a year on your $3k/mo spend.

You need over $40k a year in purchases to break even on the Arrival+ (which gives 2.22% back on every thing but has an $89 annual fee) vs the Fidelity Amex.  The CSP gives 2 UR/$ on travel and restaurants and 1 UR/$ on every thing else - and assuming that $200/mo of your $3k/mo spend is restaurants/travel would equal 38,400 UR.  If we value URs at $0.02/UR, which is doable but isn't the same as cash back, that gives you $768 in travel.  Take out the $95 annual fee and that is only $673 in travel.

Message 6 of 15
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

*bow down to the person who can do math!!!*

yeah i cant do math, that just blew my mind, no joke. 

Message 7 of 15
39Xelor
Established Member

@GoodCredBen wrote:

SOOOOOOOOOO

Nevermind....

After looking, my three largest bills (Mortgage, 2x car loans - cant even be paid with anything other then a bank acct/ATM card.....

What the heck is an ATM card? lol i know what a debit card is! 

lol by ATM they mean debit.. You can pay most bills with a Debit card..

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 8 of 15
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

but not credit cards right? The two are not interchangeable? 

Message 9 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

yeah i cant do math, that just blew my mind, no joke. 

Does you computer (or smartphone) not have a calculator?  If you're going to dabble with credit then some math skills are a must.

@GoodCredBen wrote:

but not credit cards right? The two are not interchangeable? 

Nope.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.