Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Offer from Credit One Bank

tag
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

Ridiculous Offer from Credit One Bank

Now that I have a set of decent credit cards. I've decided to close the CreditOne Bank CC.

The limit on the card was $500. I explained to the young lady that unless they would offer me a much higher limit that I was going to close the account. (Note: I only asked for the higher limit to help decrease my UTL)

The young lady replied that I wasn't eligible for an increase at this time but could reduce my APR from 23.9 to 18.9 for 6 months.

Again, I said told her the APR didn't matter (because I don't plan to use the card) if she I can't get the limit much higher " I'm Out"

If you're familar with CreditOne then you know the account is closed.

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ridiculous Offer from Credit One Bank

Should have told them to add a grace period.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jologan79 wrote:

Now that I have a set of decent credit cards. I've decided to close the CreditOne Bank CC.

The limit on the card was $500. I explained to the young lady that unless they would offer me a much higher limit that I was going to close the account. (Note: I only asked for the higher limit to help decrease my UTL)

The young lady replied that I wasn't eligible for an increase at this time but could reduce my APR from 23.9 to 18.9 for 6 months.

Again, I said told her the APR didn't matter (because I don't plan to use the card) if she I can't get the limit much higher " I'm Out"

Great job! Now get that nasty out of your signature!

Message 3 of 10
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they not have a grace period on purchases if you PIF? I've never heard of a bank that doesn't offer a grace period on purchases if so? And I've had lots: A credit union, BB&T, Chase, and all of the ones currently in my sig (Barclaycard, AMEX, Discover, Bank of America, and Citi).

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they not have a grace period on purchases if you PIF? I've never heard of a bank that doesn't offer a grace period on purchases if so? And I've had lots: A credit union, BB&T, Chase, and all of the ones currently in my sig (Barclaycard, AMEX, Discover, Bank of America, and Citi).

Interest is charged from the moment the transaction posts.

Message 5 of 10
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, does anyone else do that? I haven't heard of that being a thing (unless you don't PIF).

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

@jologan79 wrote:

Great job! Now get that nasty out of your signature!

+1

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, does anyone else do that? I haven't heard of that being a thing (unless you don't PIF).

Only on cash advances and BT's that charge a reduced APR that is not 0%

Message 8 of 10
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting rid of credit one! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting rid of CreditOne. Set fire to the card and dance on its ashes! Also, never give CreditOne the option to keep you. They are terrible at letting people go. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.