Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous.

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Ridiculous.

I hit six months for the Capital One CLI request. Guess what the reason is now...

Dear Default,

Information about your account ending in XXXX
Creditor: Capital One Bank (USA), N.A.

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your
account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to
help you understand why:

The current credit line for this type of account makes the account ineligible for a credit line
increase upon request

In case you need a little more clarity , we´ve included some additional information on a separate
page. You´ll see FAQs, common reasons that requests for credit line increases are declined, and useful
suggestions on what you can do next.

We hope you find this information helpful. If you have other questions, go to
www.capitalone.com/creditlineFAQ .

Sincerely,
Capital One Customer Care Team

So in other words... Just close the card you _____ we are never giving you anything on this account without contacting the EO! Seriously. I'm done with Cap1. They seem to think that just because there is a button I'll think that maybe someday I'll get one of those coveted $500 increases. Sure the card has no af and no ftf, but that is literally all it has going for it. Quite frankly none of my other cards have an af and two others have no ftf. Unless someone can convince me otherwise the account is going to be closed. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ridiculous.

Well you can close the card as it has served the purpose. With your scores I believe util and Aaoa is not a issue. No need for a rebuilder card with af.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 2 of 24
Exonumist
Established Contributor

My credit is still fairly young so aaoa does factor in, but at the same time it's just one card. I'm pretty set right now with the cards I want. There are a few more that I plan on going after in January and thats it.  Utilization makes no difference.  

Message 3 of 24
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Even a closed card would report for 10 yrs after the closing date. It will be part of your Aaoa till it drops from your report. Most people would advice not closing a card without af.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 4 of 24
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Just SD it for the sake of your AAoA - if you remember to, buy something small every few months to keep it active, then PIF.  Otherwise, let C1 close it for inactivity.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 5 of 24
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:
Even a closed card would report for 10 yrs after the closing date. It will be part of your Aaoa till it drops from your report. Most people would advice not closing a card without af.

+1

Closing a CC account does NOT affect your Aaoa for 10 years so that's not a factor at this point.  I personally wouldn't close them but just SD them.  Use it once per year to buy a pack of gum and pay it off.  

I know you don't like what they've done, but take a deep breath and relax.  You aren't the first and won't be the last person that they screw over.  Go ahead and send the EO an email and see what they can do for you before you off them...LOL!!!  Listen, this situation just might turn out a lot better than you thought, so take the emotion out of it and see if you can make this a win-win situation for yourself.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 24
Exonumist
Established Contributor

At this point Capital One has said the card isn't going to grow. I suppose I never expected it to. I'm just one of those people that tends to be loyal and it bothers me that they aren't willing to make changes and grow with me. I understand the thought of not closing an account that has no af, but I think I tend to lean more towards if you have no use for it get rid of it. I just don't want to rush into the decision of closing it and figure that myFICO is a great place to discuss the topic.

Message 7 of 24
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@NewtoCredit80 wrote:

+1

Closing a CC account does NOT affect your Aaoa for 10 years so that's not a factor at this point.  I personally wouldn't close them but just SD them.  Use it once per year to buy a pack of gum and pay it off.  

I know you don't like what they've done, but take a deep breath and relax.  You aren't the first and won't be the last person that they screw over.  Go ahead and send the EO an email and see what they can do for you before you off them...LOL!!!  Listen, this situation just might turn out a lot better than you thought, so take the emotion out of it and see if you can make this a win-win situation for yourself.

I feel weird contacting the EO again at the six month mark. That and I suspect they are just going to tell me to go to their website. 

Message 8 of 24
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

At this point Capital One has said the card isn't going to grow. I suppose I never expected it to. I'm just one of those people that tends to be loyal and it bothers me that they aren't willing to make changes and grow with me. I understand the thought of not closing an account that has no af, but I think I tend to lean more towards if you have no use for it get rid of it. I just don't want to rush into the decision of closing it and figure that myFICO is a great place to discuss the topic.

That was a canned response based on your card type as it is now.  EO office is the way to go right now.  If you contact them and nothing happens and it still bothers you then go ahead and close it (SD is better).  But you should at least try it.  Good Luck!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

You can do so much better! Trust me!

Get your util and inqs down and dump this sore looser!

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.