Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rite aid/ jc penny card

tag
Goos
Regular Contributor

Rite aid/ jc penny card

I have read very conflicting reports on this . But I wanted to pass along that I emailed rite aid . The penny's card is in fact still an accepted form of payment in store at rite aid . Just wanted to pass it along .
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Rite aid/ jc penny card

@Goos wrote:
I have read very conflicting reports on this . But I wanted to pass along that I emailed rite aid . The penny's card is in fact still an accepted form of payment in store at rite aid . Just wanted to pass it along .

That's great to know; just a week or so ago I was wondering about this very thing.  I read that it was no longer accepted at CVS, but my search was inconclusive for Rite-Aid. 

Thanks for checking this out for us!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the best way is to call a store. Ive been meaning to try it, as jcpenny is my most idle card. The daughter gets clothes, I PIF, and it sits 6 months.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still havent used it. I regret getting it. I was just app'n Synchrony bank that day lol.

Ill buy a shirt some day and pif it lol

Message 4 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I think my JCP card is one of my best cards. They provide additional discounts for using the card. Those discounts on top of their sale prices. And then I combine that with the rewards that I get for using the card ($10.00 for every $10.00 spent). Plus they provide additional rewards/perk. I save a lot of money using that card! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

I LOVE my JCP card & YES I have used it at Rite-Aid quite a few times. I agree with MassCredit that it has great perks!!!
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can also be used on Sephora.com, as well as Sephora locations inside JCPenney. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, when they changed ceos again they brought back thecoupons. Big businesses cannot ignore regular customers. it doesn't matter how you need them to keep coming in.
Message 8 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Rite Aid accepts the JCP card for payment; CVS quit accepting the card last July.    The Rite Aid purchases count toward your tier level (Gold and Platinum status), but don't cound for the JCP Rewards ($10 coupon per $100 spent per month).   Since the tiers lead to some very good coupons and deals, I always use my JCP card at Rite Aid.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.