Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz AF grandfathered?

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Ritz AF grandfathered?

Just paid the AF for my Ritz.

I noticed that it was $395 and not the $450 that new apps are.

Have others noticed this as well or have I not been paying attention

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ritz AF grandfathered?

Yes people that got in when the AF was 395 are grandfathered with the Ritz.  Whether it is worth keeping I am stilling trying to figure that out as the CSR is superior in many ways as least for me.  Still love the card, but find myself using it less and less

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Enjoy the discount PopPopSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yes people that got in when the AF was 395 are grandfathered with the Ritz.  Whether it is worth keeping I am stilling trying to figure that out as the CSR is superior in many ways as least for me.  Still love the card, but find myself using it less and less

It's not worth keeping for me, but I reupped for another year of vanity.

No one else really gives a rats patootie, but I like the darn thing.Smiley Tongue

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Enjoy the discount PopPopSmiley Wink

Thanks AJC,

you really are a pleasure to talk to on here. Glad to hear from you

My wife and I figure we might as well go somewhere and spend $2500 on airfare so we can enjoy the $500 in incidental credits from the Ritz, PRG and the Elite. (Sarcasm). 

Some times these cards really don't make a lot of financial sense for my lifestyle, but hobbies is hobbies.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Tru DatSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It's not worth keeping for me, but I reupped for another year of vanity.

No one else really gives a rats patootie, but I like the darn thing.Smiley Tongue

There's nothing wrong with that... I'm actually in the same boat with my PRG - it's rather useless to me, but I just like it.  Smiley Very Happy

IMHO there's more to 'value' than just straight cash-back or points; in my case there's value in having something in my wallet that for many, many years I felt would always be out of reach.  I admit the 'new' has worn off a bit and at some point I might decide to ditch it, but for now I'm happy paying the fee to keep it. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.