Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz, Capital One and NFCU Questions

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Ritz, Capital One and NFCU Questions

I have some kudos to give out to those who have some experience:

Ritz - Will JP Morgan/Chase expedite these? I already have a Marriott Rewards number

Capital One Venture - If I add an AU, will they receive a card with the same numbers as mine?

NFCU Go Rewards - Same question as Venture

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

Re: Ritz, Capital One and NFCU Questions

When I apped and was approved for my Ritz, I asked for expedited delivery. 

They told me no at the time, because I was establishing a new credit account.

I did ask for a replacement card once, and they were able to expedite that. 

This was my experience. 

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

With regards to Ritz they will not expedite this card until they get verification from Marrriott/Ritz this takes 5-10 days once this is done it is Next Day Air out.  I had a Marriott number as well and put on the application they wouldn't budge until the Marriott/Ritz side validated it once it was done it was at my house the next day.

Due to this the two slowest cards to get form Chase are the Ritz and Marriott..  Hyatt, HIG etc they don't need to pair up aka verificiation like the Marriott family of cards for whatever reason

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

With regarding to Chase expediting cards, I can say that when I asked them to do so with my Hyatt, I did end up with them sending an expedited card - with no Hyatt Gold Passport number listed on it.

I've been a Hyatt Gold Passport member for years and listed my number on the application.

I did not think that was a big deal, but over the next few weeks they also proceeded to send me SEVERAL of the same card via regular mail.

I ended up with 4 of the same exact card, 3 of which had a random Gold Passport number they had assigned (it was not actually my own Gold Passport number), and the 4th which was blank. I only actually requested one card.

So be aware that asking to expedite a card with Chase, especially one that has a hotel partner program, may result in the situation described above.

Regarding Navy Federal expediting cards, I requested card to be expedited and was charged $12 fee for expedited card, yet card did not arrive for about two weeks. I did not bother to go back and ask them to remove the fee because I didn't want to deal with any hassle, but be aware that expedited does not always mean "expedited".

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Ritz can receive expedited shipping, the processing is where you can get hung up. I've even had a CSR call the lending dept and they were told there isn't anything you can do.

Card is shipped expedited by default, so you don't really need to worry about calling back unless you're specifically requesting a Saturday delivery. (if your processing finishes on Thursday or Friday, and you don't specifically ask for a Saturday delivery, you may not receive the card until the following monday)

Just about all banks give AUs a copy of the card with the same number, except Amex, and some business cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.