cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Card.....but Marriot rewards account?

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Ritz Card.....but Marriot rewards account?

@jsucool76 wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I still don't understand the 'you can only get one but not the other'.  You can log into either with same info and you can book and use points for either Ritz or Marriott hotels.  What am I missing?

OK, I was under th eimpression you could not have both, guess I was wrong. Can you book Ritz stays from your Marriot Rewards login?

Yes, I specifically looked at this earlier when someone else brought it up.  I tested it right up to final confirmation.

Ok,so i research the subject.This is on Marriot web page:

No. Members may only have a primary relationship with only one program at a time. Although members may elect to have their primary affiliation with either Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, it is possible to change membership from one program to the other by contacting Guest Services.

So It only matter if you want to  receive promo offer.So for both,to reach Gold status,you will need to stay 50,however elite benefit will vary depend on your decladed major program.Also,with the ritz card,you only need to  spend 10k annually to reach gold. The Marriot card however will need 100k to earn Gold status. and.... Personally,i dont understand why Marriot doesnt combine both program so it's less confusing to consumer.

How can you even tell what program you have a primary relationship with?

Usually by looking at your promos. 

Doesn't really matter which you're a member of though. There isnt any distinguishable differences. I'm not even sure if the promos are different anymore. 

Actual it is. So for example you register Ritz as primary, and a 50k bonus from marriott appear, you wont be able to participate in that promo, unless you open a new marriott account

Or switch to marriott primary and then call up and ask them to adjust your promo. 

The only benefit of being ritz primary is the double elite night credits. All the marriott megabonus promos include RC hotels, so RC primary is bleh. 

I asked, no switch,you have to be a program primary membership when a promo come out. Switch after promo come out will not earn you the promo.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I knew which program is listed as my primary.

Message 22 of 24
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called and ask them, but if you remember which membership number you got first, then tht the primary 

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Called and ask them, but if you remember which membership number you got first, then tht the primary 

Must be Marriott then because I already had an account with them.  I didn't put the number in the application but they tracked me down like a wild pig in Texas.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.