tag
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: Ritz Card info needed

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

@@yudeology101

Yes, I even love the compliments for the card I hold. But, can you mind sharing how you justify AF. The reason, I am asking this is that I use my CSP for the (2x) dining and travel, which can be transferred to Hyatt (IMO, Hyatt has more value than Ritz/Marriot Points). 

I am trying to figure how to offset the AF. I assume, you might be spending like $100K/year to rack up a good amount of points. Also can I buy GC and get $200 Credit?

According to the T&C's and to a CSR I spoke to, the $200 can only be used for "in flight" charges (i.e. alcohol, food, wifi). I asked if using it for lounge access charges or baggage fees applied, and I was told "no". But I have read on another forum that some were successful in purchasing and getting reimbursed for GC's if the charge shows up on your statement as billed by an airline. So YMMV.

Wanted to add that you wouldn't necessarily need the Ritz to establish a relationship w/ JPM/Chase since you already have Chase cards. All you need for your "ultimate goal is to get Palladium" is a CPC banker who'll sign off the app for you and a good credit report. Hope you can get the PD soon - I like happy endingsSmiley Happy

I was reimbursed for a $300 fee associated with changing an award ticket a few months ago. I even told her what it was for and she didnt ask any questions. It chewed up the entire $200 credit. I even called back in January after the credit reset and used $100 of this years credit towards that same charge. Between the two call-ins, i had the entire $300 reimbursed. If its within 4 months then it should be doable.

The best perks of this card are:

Unrestricted airline credit

Club level upgrade certificates

Ritz/Marriott gold if you stay <50 nights per year. 10k annual spend really isn't that much to get this.

@CreditScholar -- Thanks for the datapoint. Will have to try next time. Hopefully, this means they're relaxing a bit or maybe I got a by-the-book CSR.

Message 31 of 53
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

My plan was to get into MS to meet 10K so that, I can enjoy the gold status throughout the year (If I do ASAP after I get the card) Then $200. Also, was looking at the promo -

1) 140K with no AF waived

2) 70K bonus with AF waived.

Not sure, if this is still valid. NOT able to gather much info on this.

No need to MS, Gold status is given immediately after you get the card. You only need to spend $10K by end of this year to get Gold for 2015 year. If you have a Marriott Reward Acct. already, status will show up. If you don't have it, sign up for it to give MR number right away to expedite any sign up bonus like the Gold status. Since you stay at Marriott's more than Ritz, keep it at Marriott rather than switch to Ritz Rewards - that way you'll get all sorts of Marriott promo emails.

The 140K/No fee offer was back in August so I doubt that it's still available. But either way, good luck!

+1.

I got the 70k offer, but didn't get my AF waived, it showed up on my first statement.  You'll get the Marriott's Gold status membership card sent to you separately, as well as the Ritz Rewards membership card & the Lounge Club membership card all separately.  The Marriott's Gold membership card is pretty nice looking compared to eh Ritz & Lounge Club card.

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 32 of 53
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thanks, I am not able to get a link to apply for the AF waived offer. 

But here is the link which points to T&C of the AF Waived - 

https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=F53K&page_type=appterms

Can I request Chase to honor this terms for my card?

Message 33 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@newUser0 wrote:

Thanks, I am not able to get a link to apply for the AF waived offer. 

But here is the link which points to T&C of the AF Waived - 

https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=F53K&page_type=appterms

Can I request Chase to honor this terms for my card?

Try this code, it was posted on here last year....F53K 70 K with no AF first year.  

Personally, I opted for the other code, which gave you double the points but did not waive the fee

Message 34 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

Based on FT, the 140k points AF not waived and 70k points AF waived offers are no longer valid.

If you are not making any Marriott / ritz reservations anytime soon, its best to wait for a better offer.

There's really no need to MS for status for this card. First year gold is included, and you just need 10k spend from 2nd year on. If you can't meet 10k worth of spend on hotel expenses on this card, then this card is most likely not right for you. You are better off putting Marriott / ritz expenses on a general travel card such as CSP if you are just charging that little, unless you are trying to meet sign-up bonus requirements.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 35 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

To add: the reason why I am saying that is because like Hilton, Marriott properties require A LOT of points for a decent redemption, since points are worth less. A night at ritz cost 60-70k points for the nicer properties, and assuming its a 5 day trip, then you will need 300-400k worth of points, not including upgrades.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 36 of 53
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thanks for letting us all know, that these offers are no longer valid.

70K points offer, is not that great since, I might get max like 3-4 nights (15K-25K/night)

As you all suggested, will wait and let all my accounts age a bit.

Message 37 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

photo[2].png

Just a point of clarification, I added the Ritz in Feb with the 140k and the af.  I did not try thet other option with no af. 

FYI that code was F5BP.

I did confirm through SM, that I will receive the 140 k sign up after $2k spend

Message 38 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

photo[2].png

Just a point of clarification, I added the Ritz in Feb with the 140k and the af.  I did not try thet other option with no af. 

FYI that code was F5BP.

I did confirm through SM, that I will receive the 140 k sign up after $2k spend

@Anonymous, you can try calling in to see if the CSR is able to accept the promo code. Just do not mention that you found the code off the internet. It's originally meant to be a targetted offer.

Message 39 of 53
newUser0
Established Contributor

Wow This is interesting.

Can you share how did you apply for this card? By phone or online?

By feb you mean Feb 2014 right? Last month?

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.