Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

Got my Ritz card today.  That was fast Smiley Very Happy.  Nothing in the paperwork says anything about the 140,000 point bonus after 3k spend in 3 months.  Is this normal? 

Message 1171 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my Ritz card today.  That was fast Smiley Very Happy.  Nothing in the paperwork says anything about the 140,000 point bonus after 3k spend in 3 months.  Is this normal? 

I didn't get anything either. I might call up and check. 

Message 1172 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you keep a copy of the 140K offer for your records.

Message 1173 of 2,093
surehit
Regular Contributor

My card has been out for delivery all morning, can't wait for it to show up.
AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 1174 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Make sure you keep a copy of the 140K offer for your records.

I got a PDF saved of it Smiley Tongue

I save everything, bahaha. 

Message 1175 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Just checked in with marriot rewards customer service , if anyone is curious

The gold status from the ritz card doesnt get you "closer" to platinum, you still need 75 nights (not just the 25 differential between gold and platinum) in order to receive platinum status

Marriott Rewards

"Hello- We've checked into this for you and the Ritz Carlton card will upgrade status to Platinum after $75,000 in spending. 

Otherwise, you're required to stay 75 eligible nights in a calendar year to earn Platinum. Hope this information helps"

Message 1176 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

The gold status from the ritz card doesnt get you "closer" to platinum, you still need 75 nights (not just the 25 differential between gold and platinum) in order to receive platinum status

Marriott Rewards

"Hello- We've checked into this for you and the Ritz Carlton card will upgrade status to Platinum after $75,000 in spending. 

Otherwise, you're required to stay 75 eligible nights in a calendar year to earn Platinum. Hope this information helps"

Go spend $75,000

Message 1177 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Marriott Rewards

Go spend $75,000

I wish. that's like 2.5 times what I make a year. xD 

Message 1178 of 2,093
jm1991
Regular Contributor

Although it does not get u any closer to platinum,  u will get CL access at marriott and also free breakfast. The only thing platinum gets is a higher bonus %, upgrades not so much, ive scored upgrades as a silver every time. Plus spending 10k on this baby will be a piece of cake

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 1179 of 2,093
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jm1991 wrote:

Although it does not get u any closer to platinum,  u will get CL access at marriott and also free breakfast. The only thing platinum gets is a higher bonus %, upgrades not so much, ive scored upgrades as a silver every time. Plus spending 10k on this baby will be a piece of cake

Oh yeah. Platinum isn't that great. The only real benefit is the platinum arrival gift, which is usually just a food and beverage credit. 

I'm big on the CL access. That's all I really wanted and I get it with this. Smiley Tongue 

Message 1180 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.