Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Approval

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Ritz Carlton Approval

I applied over the phone. The rep didn't take down my phone number. So the application sat in limbo, I had to call back and give them my number. Once they had the number the application went through.

Instant approval for $8,000.

See this thread for offer code:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Ritz-Carlton-Rewards-CC-with-140k-points-signup-bon...

Thanks for everyone's info in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Palladium/m-p/2454695#M697718

I had high utilization (over 60%) on another Chase card. Low utilization on all other accounts. AAoA around 1 year.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Approval

Congrats!
Message 2 of 66
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats! I so want that card.
Message 3 of 66
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I'm so intrigued on how that card looks Smiley Tongue Are you going to keep your Amex Platinum or cancel it?

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 4 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

Congrats! I'm so intrigued on how that card looks Smiley Tongue Are you going to keep your Amex Platinum or cancel it?

I will cancel the Plat.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 66
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I applied over the phone. The rep didn't take down my phone number. So the application sat in limbo, I had to call back and give them my number. Once they had the number the application went through.

Instant approval for $8,000.

See this thread for offer code:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Ritz-Carlton-Rewards-CC-with-140k-points-signup-bon...

Thanks for everyone's info in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Palladium/m-p/2454695#M697718

I had high utilization (over 60%) on another Chase card. Low utilization on all other accounts. AAoA around 1 year.

Congrats!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 6 of 66
Jetmemphis91

I was reading the other topic about the Palladium. Someone said the Ritz card comes with 2x on dining and travel. Is this in Marriott points or UR points like the CSP?

Message 7 of 66
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Jetmemphis91 wrote:

I was reading the other topic about the Palladium. Someone said the Ritz card comes with 2x on dining and travel. Is this in Marriott points or UR points like the CSP?

My assumption would be Marriott points...

Message 8 of 66
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

It's Marriott points. I wouldn't put any spending on it other than actual Ritz/Marriott stays, plus 10k general spend for gold status.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 66
dilettante
Established Contributor

Congrats. You'll love all the other benefits I didn't mention on the other thread i.e. Gold status w/ Ritz/Marriott, JPM Concierge, no FTF, chip and sig, flexible spending limit, etc. And it comes in a very big box via UPS. The packaging for the Ritz was IMO more impressive than the Palladium's. Get ready for lots of comments, too. Every time I've used the card, people are shocked by it's weight.

Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.