Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Card

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Card

Addition to all the previous posters, one of the other best thing is to use Marriot Travel Package.

You may get 140K bonus points from just getting this card. Then, stay at hotels,rack upto 200K points then if you redeem for Package it's super worth.

Message 21 of 30
dilettante
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

It's a great card if you're a frequent flyer or if you stay at the Marriott/Ritz chain a lot.  

The underwriting standards are the same and this card is not difficult to get.  It is a Visa Sig so you just need to qualify for a 5k minimum CL.

The upgrade certs are not the easiest to use due to all the redemption rules.  You need to pay rack rates in order to use them and there needs to be upgrade availability for your stay at the particular hotel.

I haven't had any issues using the certificates. Perhaps, I'm just luckySmiley Wink

Besides the other points previously stated, there is access to airline lounges and your guests are free

Okay, I take my statement/opinion back.  I guess it's just difficult for me - maybe I'm just unlucky and want the upgrades at peak times or the CSR's don't like meSmiley Sad  Or they know I've been cheating on them and staying at Four Seasons more lately.

But this is one of my favorite travel cards and it would go well with OP's CSP and Arrival+ (I have pretty much the same combo).

Message 22 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@dilettante wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

It's a great card if you're a frequent flyer or if you stay at the Marriott/Ritz chain a lot.  

The underwriting standards are the same and this card is not difficult to get.  It is a Visa Sig so you just need to qualify for a 5k minimum CL.

The upgrade certs are not the easiest to use due to all the redemption rules.  You need to pay rack rates in order to use them and there needs to be upgrade availability for your stay at the particular hotel.

I haven't had any issues using the certificates. Perhaps, I'm just luckySmiley Wink

Besides the other points previously stated, there is access to airline lounges and your guests are free

Okay, I take my statement/opinion back.  I guess it's just difficult for me - maybe I'm just unlucky and want the upgrades at peak times or the CSR's don't like meSmiley Sad  Or they know I've been cheating on them and staying at Four Seasons more lately.

But this is one of my favorite travel cards and it would go well with OP's CSP and Arrival+ (I have pretty much the same combo).

Haha!  That could be it.Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think this card will round out and complete my trio of travel card. Thanks for all the great information. You guys and gals are great!!
Message 24 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

I admit I don't really know anything about this card, so excuse my dumb question: does the travel credit cover flight purchases? My guess is not, but a confirmation would be reassuring Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@HiLine wrote:

I admit I don't really know anything about this card, so excuse my dumb question: does the travel credit cover flight purchases? My guess is not, but a confirmation would be reassuring Smiley Happy

Yes, it covers in flight purchases. Unlike Amex Plat, you do not have to choose an airline to receive the credit.

Message 26 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

Sorry, by "flight purchase" I meant paying for flights.

Message 27 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Sorry, by "flight purchase" I meant paying for flights.

It's for incidental expenses, like baggage and in flight food/drinks/movies like the amex plat one

I'm not sure if you can do the airline gift card purchase thing though, that you can do with amex plat. 

Message 28 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can covert your points into miles. I have not done that, as I use my points for hotel stays. 

Message 29 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can covert your points into miles. I have not done that, as I use my points for hotel stays. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.