Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Certs...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton Certs...

@jsucool76 wrote:
Certificates can only be used for their designated hotel category or tier.

Can't stack with any other offers, like club upgrade or $100 credit, though certificates can be used in conjunction with points to achieve a 5th night free booking.

There are no "blackout" dates per se, but hotels can limit the amount of award availability they have. Usually not an issue except if there happens to be a big event of some kind. (think comic con, super bowl, nba playoffs, etc)

Hey jsucool76, have you ever tried this. I was shot down two different times being told the 5th night only counts for 4 nights paid in points. You are definitley one of the more knowledgeable posters with regards to loyalty programs and would love it if you can shine a light on this. 

Message 11 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

That's the best way to make use of the free night certs. Especially with 3 as the sign up bonus. Save up enough points for a 4th night and you'll get a 5th night for free.

At most with a tier 4 you're looking at 60k points.
Message 12 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Certificates should count as points in that case @AngelGabriel. I'll check into it, as I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Will let you know.
Message 13 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
@Certificates should count as points in that case @Anonymous. I'll check into it, as I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Will let you know.

Quick update. After some research, it appears I was wrong here. Dumb policy in my opinion. 

Can't use the certs towards a 5th night free reservations. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
@Certificates should count as points in that case @Anonymous. I'll check into it, as I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Will let you know.

Quick update. After some research, it appears I was wrong here. Dumb policy in my opinion. 

Can't use the certs towards a 5th night free reservations. 

Thanks for the update. When I saw your earlier post I died a little inside since I had already redeemed my certificates and was told it was a no go. I trust you over a rep any day of the week, seeing as how your break downs have been an invaluable resource for me. In case I never said it before, Thank you for your diligent help with your guides and post.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.