cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton. Thread talking about My reservation 320K points Spent $711.00 in cash.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton. Thread talking about My reservation 320K points Spent $711.00 in cash.

Seeing the original price puts things more into perspective, I was also thinking the demand (and price) might be higher b/c of Valentine's Day weekend...  Not too shabby for signing up for a credit card Smiley Wink

Oz

Message 11 of 15
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton. Thread talking about My reservation 320K points Spent $711.00 in cash.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you're getting the Buckhead Suite. Your reservation clearly states Executive Suite, which is also a room type at that location. They usually run around $600/night for the Exec Suite (club level) with regular rooms running around $250:

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 1.04.18 PM.png

I couldn't check the exact rate for this weekend as they are all spoken for. The Buckhead suite, by comparison, is still $1700.

Edit: Just saw redpat's post, and he's right. There are non club-level Executive Suites for this weekend at $349. Means you basically got $149 for 40k points. Oy.

Message 12 of 15
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

So after all the confusion  based on my reservation and some future reservations I had a very lengthy phone call with Ritz-Carlton and  The Atlanta Buckhead Ritz Carlton.

My reservation will not cost me 330,000 points it will only cost me $711.00 that's $200 a day and yes I did receive I upgrade to the executive suite at no additional charge to me.  

Dear Saleen099,

As promised, please see your email confirmation below for your upcoming stay at The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Buckhead. It was truly a pleasure speaking with you on today and I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your experience with J.P. Morgan. I will definitely be addressing the issues you discussed with senior leadership so we can ensure any communication breakdowns are resolved.

Should you have any questions regarding this reservation or need any assistance booking any of your future Ritz-Carlton visits, please feel free to contact me directly. I would be happy to act as your concierge and assist with any of your Ritz-Carlton reservation. I can be contacted by phone at 1-877-231-7916 Ext. xxxxxx or email at xxxxxxxxx@ritzcarlton.com.

I do thank you once again, Saleen099 and I look forward to having you as a Ritz-Carlton Guest for life!

Warm Regards,

Xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Service Ambassador
The Ritz-Carlton Corporate Guest Relations
Direct: 877-xxx-xxxx ext.xxxxxxxx 
Fax: 801-468-4069
E-Mail: xxxxxxx @ritzcarlton.com

Message 13 of 15
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton. Thread talking about My reservation 320K points Spent and $711.00 in cash.

@iced wrote:

DId I read it right that CC spend on a Marriott co-branded card counts as points toward lifetime? I'm doing fine on nights but I'm hurting on lifetime points.

Yes they do ... but IMO, hotel status means so little, free breakfast at some properties and free upgraded internet.  I've stayed in Marriott's almost weekly for years (I'm posting from one right now), I can count the number of time I've been upgraded, it's that few. Accelerated point earnings are the biggest benefit for me, but if you're not staying for business those points add up slowly.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

So after all the confusion  based on my reservation and some future reservations I had a very lengthy phone call with Ritz-Carlton and  The Atlanta Buckhead Ritz Carlton.

My reservation will not cost me 330,000 points it will only cost me $711.00 that's $200 a day and yes I did receive I upgrade to the executive suite at no additional charge to me.  

Dear Saleen099,

As promised, please see your email confirmation below for your upcoming stay at The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Buckhead. It was truly a pleasure speaking with you on today and I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your experience with J.P. Morgan. I will definitely be addressing the issues you discussed with senior leadership so we can ensure any communication breakdowns are resolved.

Should you have any questions regarding this reservation or need any assistance booking any of your future Ritz-Carlton visits, please feel free to contact me directly. I would be happy to act as your concierge and assist with any of your Ritz-Carlton reservation. I can be contacted by phone at 1-877-231-7916 Ext. xxxxxx or email at xxxxxxxxx@ritzcarlton.com.

I do thank you once again, Saleen099 and I look forward to having you as a Ritz-Carlton Guest for life!

Warm Regards,

Xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Service Ambassador
The Ritz-Carlton Corporate Guest Relations
Direct: 877-xxx-xxxx ext.xxxxxxxx 
Fax: 801-468-4069
@E-Mail: xxxxxxx @ritzcarlton.com

So your stay got changed to cost 0 points, just the $200/night?  

Oz

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.