Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton card no longer metal?

tag
madnutz
New Contributor

Ritz Carlton card no longer metal?

A few months ago I got approved for the ritz carlton card and at hte time of the application ordered an extra one for an AU, well both my card and my wife's were the heavy black metal cards that we all know and love Smiley Happy The weird thing is that they actually sent out 2 cards for me and 2 cards for my wife for a total of 4 metal cards.... odd but I will take em!!

Last week I requested to add another AU, this is for my grandpa to be used on a vacation coming up soon, Today I received the card in the normal packaging, but the card is NOT meta, it's a regular black plastic credit card..... Is this because it's an AU? Doesn't make sense because's my wife's is metal.... or are they abandoning the metal cards?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
madnutz
New Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton card no longer metal?

email notification

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 24
madnutz
New Contributor

dammit! I tried searching before posting but my keywords of "ritz carlton metal" didn't bring that up lol

Message 4 of 24
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Received my ritz card this week and it was metal. Card was DOA though. Smiley Very Happy

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 5 of 24
rcclarke86
New Visitor

same happened to me. long story short, i spoke with chase csr, and they said they ran out of the metal to produce the cards. they will send out new (metal) ones in late march early april

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Unexpected-Ritz-Carlton-card-surprise/m-p/3766852

Agree.. This matter has been beaten to death on other threads..Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still got my metal cards. Just sayin'
Message 8 of 24
aav
Established Contributor

Wah! I want my metal card. I should have apped before they ran out.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can they run out of metal ..thats funny 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.