Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton

tag
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton

I feel like this card isn't getting enough love on this thread.  I love this card (both the design and benefits).  Out of all the cards that come with airport lounge access, this one is the cheapest.  Yes, the lounge access included with this one has the least amount of available lounges, but honestly do you need access to every single one?  You can add AU to this card without fee and they can receive their own lounge club membership which is unique to this card.  300 credit for airline charges per year, plus Marriott Gold with 10K spend.  Lounge access to Marriott hotels are a great benefit.  Free food and drinks.  

And if you don't care about all of that and want to pay 395 per year to have a heavy metal card then who cares.  Eveyone would be lying if they said they never paid a premium for a product based on brand or to feel better about themselves.   

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 11 of 64
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

People are doing exactly what I thought they were going to do... "Oh that's a bad idea, /facpalm, wasted money"

Wasted money and bad ideas are a matter of opinion. People who have money to blow, blow it on whatever they want. $395 a year "for a piece of metal" is nothing to me, much like someone who buys a sports car instead of a compact. You spend what your income allows you to, which is what I did. I like the card, I've always wanted a metal card, and IF I ever wanted to use the benefits, I can at any time. It's no different than paying extra money for a different kind of TV or internet service. I don't NEED all the HBO channels, and I don't NEEd the fastest internet speed they can provide, but I like it and want it. No need to judge.

I'm 26 years old and have a better credit profile and income than most people do at 40. I'm not going to waste my youth and income by settling for generic and plain things, so long as my income supplements it.

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 12 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm spending time at LAX today getting my Global Entry courtesy of My RC card. Always an interesting way to spend time.
Message 13 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm spending time at LAX today getting my Global Entry courtesy of My RC card. Always an interesting way to spend time.

Hope it doesnt take you too long.  Mine at Dulles only took 30 mins besdes the drive 

Message 14 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope it doesnt take you too long.  Mine at Dulles only took 30 mins besdes the drive 

That's from the $300 airfare extras credit, though, right? Not a separate perk?

Message 15 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.  In my case, I didnt use the Ritz card because I have like 4/5 cards that will pay for it as seperate benefit. In Ritz's case, it would come out of the $300.

Message 16 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.  In my case, I didnt use the Ritz card because I have like 4/5 cards that will pay for it as seperate benefit. In Ritz's case, it would come out of the $300.

Hour drive there, quite a walk from where I had to park (nearest 2 structures full), didn't have to wait long but...3 hour drive home. Yep. Three. Hours. Glad I love my car and had Spotify going. 

It's the only card I have with the benefit (unless PRG does but I didn't have that when I applied). Now to get DH to get TSA pre-check with his Plat (since he doesn't have a passport and can't be talked into one just in case.) 

Message 17 of 64
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

If you want a metal card or a Black one why not go for the CSP or the Marriott cards? They are both metal and the Marriott one is black as well

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 18 of 64
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

If you want a metal card or a Black one why not go for the CSP or the Marriott cards? They are both metal and the Marriott one is black as well

Well.....if you are just going for the "metal" aspect then Ritz is the heaviest...I mean if your going for it DO IT RIGHT!!  LOL

Message 19 of 64
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

CSP isn't metal... it's plastic with a metal core, and I'm not certain about the Marriott cards.

But to answer your question... simply put.... I wanted the best there was. Since I'm not quite at the AMEX Centurion level just yet, 2nd best will do.

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.