Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz and Marriot bouns sign up offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ritz and Marriot bouns sign up offer

Do you only get one sign up bonus offer (points) for these cards? I have ritz for over a year and applied for marriot the other week and approved. However, today got a letter saying that "you have had a similar product in the last two years, therefore you are not eligible for bonus offer". Is it true? or internal mistake? I did request to get 140k offer on the ritz instead of two free nights back then. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thankyou

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz and Marriot bouns sign up offer

Wow, never heard of that. I think many people have gotten both. Definitely subscribing to this. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you only get one sign up bonus offer (points) for these cards? I have ritz for over a year and applied for marriot the other week and approved. However, today got a letter saying that "you have had a similar product in the last two years, therefore you are not eligible for bonus offer". Is it true? or internal mistake? I did request to get 140k offer on the ritz instead of two free nights back then. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thankyou

You'll get both.  Chase (actually a 3rd party they use) inadvertently sent out these letters/postcards telling people that they wouldn't get bonuses that they are entitled to or in some cases actually have already received.  Chase has acknowledged that it's a mistake so I wouldn't worry about it.  This issue has been discussed on other forums.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is crazy because they're 2 separate products. I know people have been able to get the Southwest bonuses on the Plus and Premier before and those are basically the same product just a little different. Unless this is something new with Chase (all the new policies lately) it has to be a mistake.

Message 4 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

I got both cards 1 year apart. Never got a letter stating not eligible and received both bonuses (Ritz was 2 free nights).

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh thanks god! Do I need to contact chase or will it be auto posted?

thanks

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thankyou

I got my marriott card recently and has 80K bonus offer on it. Surprisingly today I got the same letter you got. Called chase immediately as I never had marriott card before. 

CSR told accidentally chase sent such letters to many and told me to ignore and 80K + 7.5K(for adding AU) offers is indeed intact on my marriott card. So cheer up! But to make sure just call them and confirm!

Message 7 of 9
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

i got the same letter also this afternoon....... i quickly called chase and the csr said that he has personally fielded between 150-200 calls regarding the letter and that i need not worry, i will get my bonus  (the letter stated that my marriott card wasn't eligible )

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your input. I will give them a call today!

I was upset for not getting my bonus at first lol but phew!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.