cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz card - Dirference between 140k points and 2 free night promo ??

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Ritz card - Dirference between 140k points and 2 free night promo ??

I have a really hard time understanding the points and I have Marriott and ritz. 140 points can get you 17 nights at many Marriott properties? That's amaze! I have a ritz tier 1-4 free night stay but the hotel I want to use it for is a tier 5. I also have 82k Marriott rewards points. I just reread the post above and NYc Manhattan was my vaca, so I guess I could use that free night.
Message 11 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

140k can get you 18 nights (not 17) in a category 1 marriott. You won't find those in your likely vacation spots. 140k points can get you 23 nights in a category 1 with pointsavers. Also unlikely to happen. Possibile though.
Message 12 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Hahaha for sure! I'd be good with 4-5 nights. 18 nights is excessive for me these days lol.
Message 13 of 17
PointLager
Established Contributor

140k MR Points can get converted to 60,000 United miles. Good for RT to Europe. ($1500 For peak season )
Message 14 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
140k can get you 18 nights (not 17) in a category 1 marriott. You won't find those in your likely vacation spots. 140k points can get you 23 nights in a category 1 with pointsavers. Also unlikely to happen. Possibile though.

ehh... I cruised the Carib and Central/South America for 6 years...  "likely vacation spots" start to suck, lol.  But, I do know what you mean, Last year we went to Niagara on a random weekend and could'nt find anything close to even burn up a cat 4 cert.

Curious how you get the extra night for 140k?  trick?   Planning a month in China at a few Courtyards and would love to know.   I found plenty of nice 10k nights for our stay.  

paidpaidpaidpaidfree
paidpaidpaidpaidfree
paidpaidpaidpaidfree
paidpaid   

Also... do you get the same % points (elite, etc) on Stays and Marriott Spend with Ritz as you do with Marriott card? or more

elite points.jpg

Message 15 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Category 1 hotels are 7.5k, not 10k xD. That's the lowest award category available. Category 2s are 10k
Message 16 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Category 1 hotels are 7.5k, not 10k xD. That's the lowest award category available. Category 2s are 10k

wow, I've never seen a 7.5k stay ever. lol   thanks

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.