Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz to Marriot Rewards PC

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Ritz to Marriot Rewards PC

I just PCed my Ritz to Marriot Rewards card. But I am not able to find much info about this card in the internet. 

If any one can tell me the difference between my card and the $85 AF one, that would be great.

My Card gets 3 Poitns per $ at Marriot and will have an AF of $45. 

I was told that I would get a free night certificate and they posted not one but TWO certificates?

Will I get 2 each year?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz to Marriot Rewards PC

I think the biggest difference is one card (Ritz) includes the $300 travel credit and the ability to the Lounges. Otherwise i think the cards are basically the same. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

I think the biggest difference is one card (Ritz) includes the $300 travel credit and the ability to the Lounges. Otherwise i think the cards are basically the same. 

I think the OP is asking aboIut the difference between the Marriott card that he was PCed to and the 'normal' one you get that has the $85 AF and gets 5 points/$1 spent.  I don't know the answer.

Message 3 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

This is the standard marriott (non premier) rewards credit card from chase. For the $45 you get 10 elite night credits (not free nights to stay) which gives you silver status.

3pts/dollar on marriott properties, 1pt/dollar elsewhere

every $3,000 spent on the card gets you another elite night credit (towards gold status, NOT a free night to spend in a hotel)

the $85 card gets you

5 pt/dollar on marriott properties
2 pt/dollar on airline, rental car, and dining
1 pt/dollar on everything else

annual free night at marriott hotels (category 1-5)

15 elite night credits (which gets you silver status +5 nights, so 5 nights closer to gold status)

3k spend = 1 elite night credit

essentially, for $40 more, you get a free night at a marriott every year, no brainer in my opinion.

You got 2 free category 1-4 certificates (which I'm surprised you got as they're part of the signup bonus) 

you will NOT get anymore certificates after that. There is also a signup bonus of 30k points w/ 3k spend, see if they'll give you that too. 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know that: a) you can PC Ritz to anything and b) there's a second non-Premier Marriott card. Thanks for the info. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't know that: a) you can PC Ritz to anything and b) there's a second non-Premier Marriott card. Thanks for the info. 

JSUCool76 is pursuing a PhD in credit cards.  He knows everything about these cards.  Walking encyclopedia of knowledge about them.

Message 6 of 19
onstar
Established Contributor

jsucool76 summarized it nicely. If you want to read it from the horse's mouth, here are links to Chase.

Rewards Premiere ($85 AF):

https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_benefits

Rewards ($45 AF):

https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 7 of 19
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

OP - are you saying that you got Ritz bonus (assuming you did) and then when you PC'ed to Marriott you got another 2 certificates?

I would downgrade my Ritz for sure if this is possible!

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 8 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

JSUCool76 is pursuing a PhD in credit cards.  He knows everything about these cards.  Walking encyclopedia of knowledge about them.

Don't I feel special xD Smiley Embarassed

I've been contemplating just making a comprehensive marriott/ritz rewards guide lol. 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't I feel special xD Smiley Embarassed

I've been contemplating just making a comprehensive marriott/ritz rewards guide lol. 

You should.  

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.