Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz vs Citi Prestige?

tag
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Ritz vs Citi Prestige?

Reference Title*
EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Ritz vs Citi Prestige?

Similar benefits, Ritz has a higher incidental reimbursement, but Prestige's is more useful (can be used for a straight airfare purchase)

Ritz earns Marriott points, Prestige earns transferable thank you points

Prestige offers 4th night free at any hotel anywhere, as long as it is booked through citi's contracted agency.

Citi has better lounge program
Message 2 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Similar benefits, Ritz has a higher incidental reimbursement, but Prestige's is more useful (can be used for a straight airfare purchase)

Ritz earns Marriott points, Prestige earns transferable thank you points

Prestige offers 4th night free at any hotel anywhere, as long as it is booked through citi's contracted agency.

Citi has better lounge program

Hmmmmmm, I never thought about that before but you just got me interested in that card now. I wish there were more approval stats out there for it and whether it can be PCed to another card of theirs long term. We need more GPs.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 9
TruBlu
Contributor

+1. And they both have cool looking plastic cards! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
ray8806
Regular Contributor

I know the Ritz has a metal card (or should have one when Chase gets more metal), but other than that and the higher annual fee on the Presige, I don't see how the Ritz is better than the Prestige?

Sure, you get JP Morgan concierge, but are they that much better than Citi's?
Message 5 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ray8806 wrote:
I know the Ritz has a metal card (or should have one when Chase gets more metal), but other than that and the higher annual fee on the Presige, I don't see how the Ritz is better than the Prestige?

Sure, you get JP Morgan concierge, but are they that much better than Citi's?

No one said the ritz was better...I would say the ritz is a ton better when the 140k offer is around...but the standard offer is meh. the tier 1-4 cert essentially pays the AF and everything else is a bonus. 

Message 6 of 9
ray8806
Regular Contributor

I'm not saying anyone said the Ritz is better neither....I was saying that in general.

Except, it should be noted that you see more people getting overly excited about the Ritz that the Prestige.
Message 7 of 9
ray8806
Regular Contributor

*correction: I wouldn't say "overly" excited, because their excitement is understandable. (It's a cool card). I mean, it's seens more intriguing than the Prestige.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will be  going with ritz just becasue of the metal. Smiley Very Happy ...

in the far far far future!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.