Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz vs prestige

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Ritz vs prestige

I apologize if this has been asked already but which would you prefer?

Im not applying till next year or so, but am comparing the two cards. I'm trying to figure out which would be better for travel and hotel and customer service. The AF isn't a huge deal since you get the credits and what not. What are your opinions?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz vs prestige

If I were comparing the two, it depends on if the Ritz 140k offer comes back or not. If its available then I'd go for Ritz, otherwise I'd go for the Prestige.

Thats my personal opinion.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prestige all the way. Ritz is a pretty useless travel car...

Prestige all the way. Ritz is a pretty useless travel card unless you stay a lot at Ritz.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prestige all the way. Ritz is a pretty useless travel car...

@Anonymous wrote:

Prestige all the way. Ritz is a pretty useless travel card unless you stay a lot at Ritz.

+1

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both!!!!  Seriously though, the Prestige is the better card.  I just wanted the Ritz card so I got it, but the Prestige is my go to card. 

Message 5 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Prestige all the way. Ritz is a pretty useless travel car...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

+2. The Prestige is a better overall card, while the Ritz is more of a niche product. Unless you stay at the Ritz (or stay at Marriotts enough to really benefit from gold status), its probably not worth it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 13
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone! My next question is how do i redeem the TY points? Is it a portal or is it like Barclay's where its statement credit on travel? Second question is the TY points only for airfare or is it also hotel?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:
Thanks everyone! My next question is how do i redeem the TY points? Is it a portal or is it like Barclay's where its statement credit on travel? Second question is the TY points only for airfare or is it also hotel?

The TY points system is almost identical to Chase or Amex rewards program.  It's not like Barclays.  Read up on it here:

https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyou

Message 8 of 13
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks Irish, well i am sold. I was reading over all of the benefits and such about the card. Citi Prestige is the one i will end up going with sometime 2016.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the posts above go with the prestige unless you stay at Ritz all the time. 4th night free benifit is awesome. I also use the price rewind quite a bit. You will recoup the annual fee for the Prestige really fast with the $250 air credit and 4th night benifit. Surprised you didn't throw the Amex platnium into the mix... I have been tempted to go from Prestige to platnium but so far I like the priority pass better with citi because I can bring a guest and 4th night benifit. Would rather earn mr then thank you points though... Hard decisions for sure.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.