Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadblock: Barclay's Sallie Mae

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Roadblock: Barclay's Sallie Mae

The Barclay's TU pull shows both the Inquiry & TL for BofA.
And yes, BofA pulled EX first with Denial but pulled TU for Approval on the 321 card on recon.

I'm gonna give it another shot but i have a gut feeling Barclay's is everything everyone always warns us about.

I think they freak when seeing High Quality Lenders already established.
Message 11 of 14
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

I apped for arrival approved instantly for $3,000 then the same night for sallie mae, denied. my 30 days is up in 5 days, gonna give it another shot, meh why not Smiley Wink. Call the recon line again tomorrow.

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 12 of 14
awiser
Regular Contributor

Oops. Sorry about the post. I was just reading and, clearly, got carried away with what I was pushing on my iPhone.

Message 13 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Recon #3 today!

So sorry.

This Magic refuses to simply concede a single HP unchallenged without pressing hard n aggressively in an effort of fierce contention for recovering confidence over Barclay's unfavorable decision.

The ruling still stands but instead of clearly just moving me along, i hit paydirt with a Credit Analyst Chief Supervisor and we both covered a great deal of ground, details, policy, and expectations intelligently and politely.

This Barclay's Supervisor Lady was unmistakably one of their best and respected representative's.

I came away very satisfied and vindicated with our lengthy & indepth correspondence together.

She was very aware there are some young girls there who's tendency is to process your recon credit concerns with a production line mentality to too soon dismiss concerns just to move along to next, and so on.

So as consolation for my trouble she was able to have my interests and review made special note of for future consideration more favorably once there's just a bit more history on my most recent new accounts.

They are very well aware now that as a potential new customer, i fully intend to press forward to satisfy their expectations to the satisfaction they are more comfortable with.

So all is not in total vain with them so long as you can reach that one right person who has both some official clout and will spend the time with you in pulling back the curtains of uncertainty.

I'm completely satisfied with my experience with them now despite that first denial.

Morro of all this: If your good credit efforts & responsibility is that important to you, you will never take no for an answer until all angles have been completely explored to your own satisfaction.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.