Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robolady Handles Comenity Closures Now

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Robolady Handles Comenity Closures Now

I'm sure I missed it in some other thread, but I found out today that the Robolady will handle account closures.  No dealing with CSRs that try to convince you to stay.

Gone are my Gander Mountain (useless anyway) and Wayfair.  $3K of useless credit, gone.  Express, HSN and Overstock are next...  But I'm going to wait until next statement cycle to allow my UTIL to catch up.  Those next three represent $8K.  After those are gone, that'll be a total of 6 cards and $13K vountarily surrendered this year.

Just think....  24 months ago I would have been horrified to lose $13K of credit, and now I'm eagerly waiting for the next statement cycle so I can get rid of more!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Robolady Handles Comenity Closures Now

Well done!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

I'm sure I missed it in some other thread, but I found out today that the Robolady will handle account closures.  No dealing with CSRs that try to convince you to stay.

Gone are my Gander Mountain (useless anyway) and Wayfair.  $3K of useless credit, gone.  Express, HSN and Overstock are next...  But I'm going to wait until next statement cycle to allow my UTIL to catch up.  Those next three represent $8K.  After those are gone, that'll be a total of 6 cards and $13K vountarily surrendered this year.

Just think....  24 months ago I would have been horrified to lose $13K of credit, and now I'm eagerly waiting for the next statement cycle so I can get rid of more!

Congrats. We are also a Comenity-free household, and 95% was by choice. I closed all my store cards with them (almost 50K in credit) and they closed the one major card I had with them. 

Comenity and Barclay's are not permitted in our house now.

Message 3 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Eh.  We don't have any Barclays accounts either...  DW has ONE Comenity account, she's had it for years, never an issue....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you want to close Comenity cards?  They don't have any fees.  Seems like they all have some sort of incentive if you ever are going to shop at the stores that are better that you can get if you use a standard credit card. 

Message 5 of 6
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Exactly because I don't shop at any of those places. I'd rather make credit limit room for majors.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.