Did you mean: 

Roll call, please...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roll call, please...

Apped for Discover More
Approved
Pulled TU & EX (TU was 740 - no baddies and EX I haven't pulled in a while, but I think it's hoovering around 700 with medical co falling off in September)
CL $4,000 with 0% interest for the first so many months. Forgot. I PIF so I don't really care.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 07-23-2008 03:10 PM
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPUPUP,

Did you find your Discover limit a bit low compared eith your other cards? I feel that way about my Miles card!!! Why is Discover so tight with there CL's and CLI's?

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carsalesmn wrote:

UPUPUP,

Did you find your Discover limit a bit low compared eith your other cards? I feel that way about my Miles card!!! Why is Discover so tight with there CL's and CLI's?

Actually, they gave my highest starting limit to date. My limits have been pretty low on my other cards, so I was happy with this starting limit. However, I have heard they are really stingy and they will not give CLI for atleast 6 months and I think they pull a hard if you ask for it. Not positive about that last part though.
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me Discover was more of a foot in the door thing, for what ever that's worth?! I guess in 10 or 12 years I'll have a nice CL! jk
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carsalesmn wrote:
For me Discover was more of a foot in the door thing, for what ever that's worth?! I guess in 10 or 12 years I'll have a nice CL! jk

It was a bit of a mental game for me. I wanted to see IF i could get it. Hopefully it will grow with me, because even though we joke that it will take 10-12 years for a decent CL, it's still a respectable card that is good to have in your mix, I think.
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only had subprime average cards, but two weeks ago was approved for a Target Visa with a CL of $3,000.  They had told me I was preapproved time and time again before for a Target card but I never accepted the offer until now.  They pulled TU.

Yesterday, I was approved for a HSBC Discover for $3,000.  They pulled EX.  However, I was denied a CLI on my Chase Card the same day that has a $200 CL and I've had the card for over 2 years.  They pulled TU.
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

%7.99 Juniper Mastercard.  $2500.00
TU
Message 17 of 29
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Carsalesmn wrote:

Why is Discover so tight with there CL's and CLI's?

This could be why Discover is the only one of the four that has cash, while the other three are millions in debt...  Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

heres what i've got in the past 30days
location so cal

wal mart (store card) $600 cl pulled EQ (ONLY)
target (store card) $200. cl pulled EQ (ONLY)
chevron/texaco $600. cl pulled EQ(ONLY)
and my favorite circuit city visa $3000.cl pulled EQ(ONLY)
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have been dormant for the last 90 days or so until yesterday.

Finally apped Kohl's and approved for 500. instant, online
Pulled Ex which was 680 before and 668 after the app. Ouch. I have several INQ on Exp though.
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.