New Contributor
ntx

Rolled the Dice, Won Twice

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Due to a few changing circumstances, where I won't need to worry about a mortgage until at least a year from now, and possibly even longer, I decided to go ahead with a couple more apps yesterday.  EQ 652,  down from 672 in early September, before my August app spree reported. TU 671, down from 696.  Total CL was $10.2K

Applied and approved for:

USAA AMEX  $2K pulled EQ ( 23.99%, but that's OK, I usually PIF)  Also have USAA Visa $3K approved 2/12, and USAA MC $4K approved 8/12. Have $2.7K balance on MC to pay income tax, will be paid off by year end. BTW, I have been a full member at USAA since 1998, always with auto ins. and a perfect payment record, so that could have factored in to their approvals. I only recently opened a checking & savings with them.

CareCredit $800 pulled TU - My Walmart started in Aug. with $400 and my Amazon started in Aug. with $600. Will try for phone-in CLI on both of those in November.

Total CL now $13K.  AAoA showing as 1 year, thanks to a couple of older closed accounts.

I have also been added as AU on a FIA MC $9.6K dated from 1988 - 24 years, with a perfect payment record to boot!  It's not reporting yet, but I expect that will help pull AAoA back to around 3 years. So that combined with the lower UTL % should way more than offset the hit for the 2 inquiries. Once that reports, and the balance on my USAA MC is paid off, I expect that will put me near 700.

My thanks again to all who contribute to this forum - I'd have never made it this far so quickly without the knowledge and experience you all so freely share!

NTX

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: Rolled the Dice, Won Twice

Congrats

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}