Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling one Chase CL to another Chase account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rolling one Chase CL to another Chase account

I just called Chase to see if I could close my BP card and roll the $1200 CL over to my Freedom card, and the rep said Chase stopped this practice 2 months ago. Has anyone else heard this & can verify, or should I just try calling again to see what a different rep says?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Rolling one Chase CL to another Chase account

It's true, it's all over the internet.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different CSRs will give you a variety of different dates as to when the "policy" officially started, but the bottom line is that it's nearly impossible to get Chase CLs reallocated anymore ...
Message 3 of 6
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Different CSRs will give you a variety of different dates as to when the "policy" officially started, but the bottom line is that it's nearly impossible to get Chase CLs reallocated anymore ...

I was able to do it a week ago.  Used the backdoor number and didn't go through CSR.
Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Chase is truly a YMMV situation.
Message 5 of 6
Lyythine
Established Contributor

As I posted in another thread about a month ago, I recently rolled 2 of my 3 chase cards into one account.

I had/have:

Chase Signature British Airways (~15k CL - although "supposedly" no pre-set spending limit)

Chase Freedom (~5k)

Chase Gas Visa (~2k)

I rolled the last two into one card for 7.5k.  Im not sure if i just missed the deadline or if the CSR was just being silly thatday - but its worth a try and another call.

Good Luck! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.