Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms to Go - CitiFinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rooms to Go - CitiFinance

My wife has a Rooms to Go account (backed by CitiFinance).  Citi is no longer the backing bank, so she can't use the account any more for new purchases.

She has a balance on the account (got a good buy and one of the no interest term purchases a while back).

Citi has not contacted her about the account, no notices from anybody.  No CLD shown.  Not closed, just open, current and appearing normal.

Has anyone else heard anything?  Will Citi convert this to any other type of account or just close it upon full payment?  Any options?  She's had this account for several years and it is slightly beneficial to her AAoA and uti (she has $5k CL).

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rooms to Go - CitiFinance

Hey txjohn try going to their website and click on the link apply for credit. When you click on that page it asks for your zipcode. When you enter your zipcode it tells who the financing is through. For example, my zipcode shows Wells Fargo Financial National Bank.  Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may have confused the issue. 

I was wondering not how to get another Rooms to Go account, but what to possibly do with the exsting Citi account. 

Does Citi allow this to be PC'd to any other credit product?  Will they close this account once balance is paid?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is CitiFinance the same as CitiFinancial? If not, then please ignore the rest of this message as it is irrelevant Smiley Happy

CitiFinancial will wait until the terms of the no-interest (or whatever the promotion) are about to expire to contact you (of course they sent our information to the wrong place so if we hadn't been proactive and called them close to the end of the promotional rate we would  have been in for some hideous interest charges). We PIF before the end of the promotion in Feb 2009 and the account shows on DH's TU and EQ reports as open and having a 0 balance (as of last night) so it appears that they do not close the credit line automatically. As to whether or not it is usable, not sure, We never received any sort of card or anything that would indicate that it could be used somewhere else. But if it were me, I'd call them Smiley Happy

My DH's reports did not have any sort of negative about it being a consumer finance account either, which surprised me as it seems others have had Citifinancial as negatives (if my caffeine deprived brain is remembering correctly)

Not sure if that's any help.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey tx ... sorry to confuse you (its not you its meSmiley Very Happy).  I was providing that info to see if the card had changed companies in your area.  Possibly give you a clue if Citi sold their interest to someone else. I realize you arent trying to obtain new credit (however, if you are in the market to pass down some of your success ... I asked first Smiley Happy   )

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I may have confused the issue. 

I was wondering not how to get another Rooms to Go account, but what to possibly do with the exsting Citi account. 

Does Citi allow this to be PC'd to any other credit product?  Will they close this account once balance is paid?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I meant CitiFinancial. 

CitiFinancial is no longer the Rooms to Go bank (at least in my area).

If Citi doesn't close, even if it can't be used, keeping the CL for uti and account age will help DW CR.  If anyone hears anything, please update all.

I'll suggest to her she call and ask what this accounts future may hold, or if there is no future.

Message 6 of 11
augustus80
Established Member

Interesting topic.  I have a zero balance RTG card with a 5k limit as well.  I haven't used the card in over a year and was just yesterday thinking I need to buy a lamp or something just to keep the card open.  After reading that Citi is no longer the bank for RTG, I will be calling the number on the back of the card and give this thread an update. 

;-)

Message 7 of 11
augustus80
Established Member

Spoke with a CSR at Citi today.  The lady said Wells Fargo did take over the RTG card and customers who have the RTG card "through" "Citi, will no longer be able to use the card.  You can either close the account now or wait for it to close out on its own. 

I thought it was kind of odd we can keep the credit line open, yet we can't use the cards.  Hmm....

I asked if I can move my credit line over to one of my other Citi credit cards and was told I couldn't because it is a "store" card.  

I will call again tomorrow and talk with another CSR and see what they say.  Hope this helps!  

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  Does CITI back any other "stores" at this time, that they might PC to?
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:
Thanks for the info.  Does CITI back any other "stores" at this time, that they might PC to?

Don't know if they product transfer, but they back Home Depot, which is a great store card.

And then they back Sears. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.