Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating Category Newb Mistake

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Rotating Category Newb Mistake

Yes, sorry, meant 200 UR.  OK, for 50 feet I agree.  Thought you meant returning later as a special trip.

Message 11 of 13
nj23
Regular Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Pay attention to your categories....

I've been paying with my CSP for dining out instead of Freedom, and only getting 2% instead of 5%.

Bummer because we have been going out for breakfast and lunch nearly everyday for the past month or so.

You live you learn.

Those five percent categories from freedom are nice , just as reminder you can activate 5% for third quarter on 15th, gasoline which everybody that has a car could use 😀

Great! That gives me 4 cards with 5% cash back on gas stations, 2 that give 2% on Gas stations, and 2 more that I could optionally select 2% on Gas stations, all in the 3rd quarter of 2014. 

Pity I don't drive. Ah well, there is always the Gas Station donuts. 

I don't own a car either, but I'll be activating gas rewards.  So they cover anything from gas stations?  Interesting...some gas stations carry quite a range of goods.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

I don't own a car either, but I'll be activating gas rewards.  So they cover anything from gas stations?  Interesting...some gas stations carry quite a range of goods.  

For most cards anything is covered.  For a few, like Penfed, the MCC used is automated fuel dispenser, it only counts with pay at the pump.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.